CATCH OF THE DAY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
CATCH OF THE DAY
2006-02-18_180040_At_the_Lake.jpg

Yesterday moring...-29*F....today a balmy 0*F, so we went to the lake...finally after sitting out there all winter....the fish of the year slides in .....#17.4oz....Tomorrow the fishing season ends....
smiley6.gif

Meanwhile down the lakeshore....the Amish kids are out enjoying their first winter in Minnesota....
2006-02-18_180414_Amish_Fishing_Kids.jpg

Life is good on de-tundra....Now I remember why we live in Minnesota....
2006-02-18_180517_cold.gif
2006-02-18_180532_cold_2.gif

Gotta love the amish. I was in Ohio's amish country today. Great people, wonderful people.

They love to eat Chinese Buffet and shop at Walmart.
smiley2.gif

masta said:
OMG.....AWESOME FISH!!!!
smiley32.gif

Is it a pike or muskie?
Northern Pike...[aka]'Slough Sharks'...the 'Tiger' of the Lakes....the only fish you can take with a spear in Minnesota....this was not a 'trophy', but worth 2 months of fishing and waiting...my 'Honey' is 'stoked'...going back tomorrow to 'load-up' and leave the lake for another year.....
smiley4.gif

Life is good on de-tundra...Edited by: Northern Winos

I spent a good portion of my youth in Elbow Lake, Minnesota (Near Fergus
Falls) - now I live in Pennsylvania (right smack in the middle of Amish
heaven). We just don't have fish like that here in PA. I miss it. There's lots
of streams and cricks, but very few lakes.

MedPretzel said:
Gotta love the amish.  I was in Ohio's amish country today.  Great people, wonderful people. 

They love to eat Chinese Buffet and shop at Walmart. 
smiley2.gif

The Amish families have just started to move here from Pennsilvania...am sure this is the toughest last 2 days of their lives with the weather...HELL BELOW ZERO WINDCHILLS...as well as the lives of those poor horses out there in that wind....
Last Sunday on the way to the lake [to fish] we followed a buggy..it was so cool...we just stayed behind and enjoyed the 'view', kind of takes the wind out of your sails and makes you wonder...."what the heck" ...?...guess we both lived in big cities too long..now we appreciate the life we have 'chosen'....Life is short....Enjoy the 'View'.

Sebastian said:
I spent a good portion of my youth in Elbow Lake, Minnesota (Near Fergus
Falls) - now I live in Pennsylvania (right smack in the middle of Amish
heaven). We just don't have fish like that here in PA. I miss it. There's lots
of streams and cricks, but very few lakes.

It's good to travel around and live in different parts of the country...so much to see and so many memories to make...so much to remember...life is what you make it....live with open eyes.....
smiley17.gif

I agree.

I've lived 4 years in mid-Virginia. Great place.

I also spent almost 9 years in a different part of the world (Germany). It makes you not only appreciate smaller things you take for granted, but opens your eyes to many new things as well.

I ended up (so far) quite close to where I grew up, however. I am re-learning all the wonderful things this area has to offer. It's beautiful, if I do say so myself. But then again, "home" is always beautiful - no matter where "home" may be.

smiley1.gif

Igrew up in W.Va. across the Ohio River from Ohio. We would always go to the Ohio Amish county and buy Swiss Cheese and Trail Bologna...wish I had some now!!!!!

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

I guess I aM lucky.I have not grown up yet
smiley36.gif

That is one nice fish there Wino......Do you grill em when they arethat size ? He looks like he would do nicely wrapped in foil with some butter, lemon and some of Mastas mojo spicesEdited by: Waldo

Waldo said:
I guess I aM lucky.I have not grown up yet
smiley36.gif

That is one nice fish there Wino......Do you grill em when they are that size ? He looks like he would do nicely wrapped in foil with some butter, lemon and some of Mastas mojo spices

That sounds good, going to grill it, or get a turkey/fish fryer going....
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back