Caesar Salad Dressing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Big John’s Killer Caesar Salad Dressing<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1 cup of mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
¼ cup of egg substitute or 1 large egg beaten (I recommend not using real eggs as this is not cooked)
¼ cup of Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 ½ tablespoons anchovy paste
3 cloves garlic, minced fine
2 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dried parsley

Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and mix well with wisk.
Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours but overnight is best.

Gosh, that sounds so good. Why does garlic have to stink so bad, though?!?!? (I love it, don't get me wrong!)

This one really makes you stink....I eat Caesar salad almost every night with dinner!

I might give this a try, but I'm not promising anything, do I have to put the anchovies in? and can I substitute maple syrup for sugar?

I say yes to anchovies paste and no to maple syrup!
smiley36.gif

We always use the light mayo.....I am geneticallypredisposed to high cholesterol and have to go easy with the Lipitor......even though it is free!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: masta

OK but I have to use hellman's light mayo, my plumbing can't handle the real thing.

I am very disappointed in you guys and gals...no one picked up on that this post was posted in the wrong topic!
smiley9.gif

I have a bread machine for that. Works great.

But I would still buy some french bread from the bakery, load the stuff on it, and bake it. It really is good.

We have a bread machine thingy for a few years now, and used to use it all the time before the diets started.

They really are very good. I live on bread alone. And maybe now and then a little cheese. And a vitamin.

I am not crazy about Caesar salad.I really like just several kinds of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, a little cheese, and raspberry walnut vinagrette.

Caesar salad...my favorite especially with a good grated cheese. Your's Scott sounds super. I need to try that one day soon!

Latest posts

Back