buon vino super jet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubberboots

Junior
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used buon vino super jet. Upon testing it I found out that it wasn't self priming. I took the head of the pump apart and found that the magical O-ring is missing. Does anybody know the dimensions of this O-ring? I'd really hate to buy a new check valve just for a simple seal....
b.t.w. New to this forum been making wine for about a year now and just got into beer as well. Hello all !!!

Welcome Rubberboots! great name.In my lab I could use a pair of them sometimes too :).

Sorry I don't have answer to your question but I'm sure someone here will be able to help

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry, I'm not personally familiar with any of the pumps used in wine making.

Last edited:
Welcome -
You are always best to call the manufacturer and purchase the replacement parts thru them. There are many different types of O-rings -

Hello everyone, I have contacted the manufacturer and was told that I had to purchase the check valve which comes with the o-ring I need, it seems I can't just purchase the seal. I was just hoping somebody here might have one that they could measure for me so I didn't have to spend $50 just to get an o-ring.

Bring the check valve to your local auto parts store or hardware store And see what fits. ?

sorry about the late response, I missed this thread...

I have a superjet and also have 3 spare check valves. They are easy to swap out and I go through at least one every year.

I have seen them for as low as $30, so shopping around is worth while. Still rather expensive!

With the super jet, you WILL need a replacement check valve (eventually). The o rings rarely need replacing. You might as well get the check valve.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back