Mosti Mondiale Bottling Day for MM VN Bourg Royal White

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepbabe

Reaction score
This kit was recommended to me by George for a quick everyday inexpensive table wine. I started this kit on 7/18/10 and bottled on 8/14/10. I didn't top off after degassing so I wanted to get this in the bottle as soon as possible. Starting SG was 1.095 and it ended at .996. The ABV is 13%. We filtered before bottling using the Vinbrite Filter and got 29 bottles. I used all of my recycled bottles and put 8 of them in 1.5 liter size and the rest in various types of 750ml. For the label I was going for a very "generic" type of label. As a kid, I remember my Mom always buying generic bags of potato chips and this reminded me of the label.

This tasted pretty good at bottling. It was thin but had a nice fruit flavor. It will work nice for an everyday table wine. I plan on giving these about two months to bottle age before drinking. I also will be bottling the VN Zinfandel Blush very soon. These quick kits will keep me out of my bigger kits...I hope.

20100816_095433_White_Wine_8_14.jpg

Before Filtering.

20100816_095641_White_Wine_8_14.jpg

After Filtering.

20100816_095810_White_Wine_8_14.jpg

8- 1.5 bottles, 13- 750 bottles

20100816_100049_White_Wine_8_14.jpg

20100816_100150_White_Wine_8_14.jpg

20100816_100257_White_Wine_8_14.jpg

This wine was clear to begin with but filtering really made a big difference. The pictures really do speak for themselves!

Thanks Mike! The next wine I'm starting is the MM Renaissance Sauvignon Blanc. I hope it turns out as good as yours!

Very nice job, jb. I don't blame you for wanting to get the batch into bottles quickly with that much headspace! I also chose to avoid topping with my last batch of WE WV Aussie Chardonnay and it turned out well. I did use some Private Preserve inert gas to avoid being too nervous about the large amount of headspace.

I particularly like the picture of the bottles arranged around the corner of your counter! Very artistic. And the labels rock.
smiley20.gif

3 month update: At bottling this wine tasted thin but ...now after three months it tastes to me no different than a typical Yellow Tail type wine. I am very happy to have this as an everyday table wine and would recommend this to anyone looking for a quick white wine. For the money you really can't beat it. Thanks George for the recommendation! Another happy customer!
smiley20.gif

i am impressed by several things...in no particular order....

the clarity

the labels are *damn* good

good choice of cap closure

you could place these on any respectable retail shelf

Very nice indeed jeepbabe great labels!

If I might ask what is the item in the top 2 pics, silver with circular thingys?

Yep those are spice racks...great eye Mike. Thanks y'all for the nice words about the labels and wine!

Latest posts

Back