Blackberry farming

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcoulter

Junior
Reaction score
I'm doing some significant yard work. (Basically, I'm trying to turn the jungle into something a bit more civilized.) There's a fenced in circular section of the yard that I'd like to work on.

(The fenced in section is due to our ex-governor's attempt to destroy the home insurance market in Florida. Out old insurance company decided that they would cancel our insurance unless it was fenced in. A couple years after fencing it in, the insurance company was chased out of the state and we were forced to a new insurance company. The new one would not write a policy if there was a trampoline. My girls were older, so the trampoline left, leaving behind a fenced in section of yard.)

My plan is to plant blackberries around the fence, using the fence as a trellis. (The interior of the section will hold one or two four foot by four foot raised bed garden plots, depending on space.) I'll be turning the blackberries into wine.

The question I've got is: what breeds of blackberry grow reasonably well in Florida and make good wine?

Latest posts

Back