Barrel Cleaning: anyone used Oak Restorer-CW?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David219

Reaction score
My Vadai 23L barrel is over 2 years old. It has held wine continuously since "birth", with my current kit wines spending 4 months each within it.

I recently purchased a product called Oak Restorer-CW. It surprisingly didn't come with any instructions...but I have found some online.

Have any of you had any experience with this product? How do you clean/service your barrels? I currently rinse and splash the inside with KMeta between wines and occasionally spritz around the bung on the outer surface of the barrel with KMeta. I was planning on using the Oak Restorer in a couple months when the current occupant wine is due to cycle out.

Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions!

Thanks, ibglowin. I think the thread you referenced was what made me aware of the product in the first place, and that is where I got it. Maybe I'll respond to that thread, too...see if there are any updates. How do you clean your barrels? Anything special?

Blast with (hose) water to remove tartrate crystals, then KMETA rinse, drain refill. I will do a full(er) cleaning this time with a mixture of KMETA/Citric soak for 24 hours.

Latest posts

Back