WineXpert Armaone kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob

Reaction score
I bought a Select Series Armaone kit, has anyone made this one and if so did they do anything different....Really excited about this one!

I thought it was worth while to try this one more time, I know there was talk about this wine in the past!

Amarone..a taste treat

WHAT CAN IN YOUR KIT?

:u THE USE OF RAISINS INSTEAD OF DRIED GRAPES FROM WHICH AMARONE IS TRADITIONALLY MADE IN PART WITH,SUNMADE RASINS IS A GOOD ADDITION TO THIS PARTICULAR KIT WINE,i PLACE MINE IN THE SECONDARY IT ADDS BODY AND STRUCTURE TO THE PACKAGE TO THE FINISH PRODUCT.OTHER THAN THAT AGING AT LEAST 2 YEARS SO IT CAN BE ALL IT CAN BE.,

I haven't tried this one, but I was looking at it the other day. Were there 2 bags of skins in it? Let us know what you think of it when it comes out of secondary. I know it will need a bit of age, but if it tastes pretty good then, I think I will give it a shot as well.

Our CC Amarone currently tastes like spice and alcohol and not much else, but it should be up to par with the $40 bottle we tried; in about 2-3 years from what I can tell though :)

Rayway, did you add all the extra sugar that came with it and iif so, what was your abv?

Just not sure the whole reason to raise the alcohol level to 15 or 16% I never was much of a whiskey drinker....

We added everything as per the directions, and ended up with 14%. This is probably why it's nothing special now, but will be amazing in a few years - such high content! I say: make it as you like it!

I am currently aging the En Primeur Amarone I started the beginning of this month. I was thrilled to see the kit came with raisins, as well as a grape pack. Looking forward to the turn out on this bad boy.

Just not sure the whole reason to raise the alcohol level to 15 or 16% I never was much of a whiskey drinker....

Commerical Amarone has a legal minimum alcohol level of 14%, but you can certainly fine bottles with 15 or 16% alcohol.

Back