Anyone make a dry white zin?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a white zin kit at the store that is a few months out of date, hate to sell it to anybody. Wife and I like dry wines so my thought is to make it with out the F pack. Has anyone done this and how did it turn out?

I made one about 3 years ago - it was an inexpensive kit that had started fermenting in the bag at the store so, rather than throwing it out, I brought it home and finished it off with the wine yeast. It didn't have an f-pack so it finished dry. I would have preferred it off dry so I quite often mixed it with a mist kit and the blend was quite nice. I just think the color of a blush type wine tells me it should have some sweetness to it.

I have a white zin kit at the store that is a few months out of date, hate to sell it to anybody. Wife and I like dry wines so my thought is to make it with out the F pack. Has anyone done this and how did it turn out?
Doug:

I thought you'd been here long enough to know..."ALWAYS TELL US THE KIT" to get the best answer. :h

I think you handle Vineco products. One of the Ken Ridge Classic blushes (the White Merlot) does not come with a sweetening pack. I would think that if it's OK dry, then a White Zin would be OK dry too.

You could make the kit dry, then sweeten it slightly by the glass if you need to take the 'edge' off.

Steve

Doug:

I thought you'd been here long enough to know..."ALWAYS TELL US THE KIT" to get the best answer. :h

Steve
Yeah, I deserved that one.:ib

Vino Del Vida by RJS, its only a 9 liter kit, juice still looks good (not brown).
Will get it going in the next few days.

Comes with the standard EC-1118, thinking about changing that out.

Yeah, I deserved that one.:ib

Vino Del Vida by RJS, its only a 9 liter kit, juice still looks good (not brown).
Will get it going in the next few days.

Comes with the standard EC-1118, thinking about changing that out.
I've never made that kit for myself. I think I made it for a couple of customers without adding the sweetening, but that's too long ago.

What yeast are you thinking to use? What do you expect to get from the change?

Steve

Latest posts

Back