Anyone ever bought wine from Ebay?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rshosted

Reaction score
I was looking through Ebay the other day and found they sell wines. I was thinking of buying, but wasn't sure if you get a good deal through them or not.

Anyone have experience in this?

Most of what I have seen of ebay will not beat what I can buy locally with the added shipping cost.

The wine kits are pretty much the same thing, very good price, but the shipping they charge is more than I can order from FVW. Plus, the reputation of FWV makes for a more secure purchase.

My two cents

Pat

I've gotten good deals on ebay.

Just triple check shipping costs.

I've gotten a kit wine (Fontana Chardonnay) for 35 bucks with shipping. The wine tastes (as far as I know about chardonnays) pretty darn good.

I've also been had on ebay. If you're spending over 50 bucks on a wine kit (with shipping included in that), you are definitely not gettinga deal.

My 2 cents.
smiley36.gif

A lot of the wine kitsthat I have seen on Ebay have a disclaimersomewhere in the listing that says something to the effect that it may not be shipped in the original box, and may be plainlypackaged to save money.

To me, if it doesn't come with an original manufacturer's date code, I don't want it!

Latest posts

Back