Anyone else carve air?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zember311

Reaction score
Was looking through my digi photos for a pic for Wade, when I came across some I forgot I had.

Well, I enjoy hitting the beach and taking my 7 foot kit to the sky and carving some wind with the dual controls. It was a starter kit, I always wanted to kite surf, so I figured I would buy a learner kit to master the ( winds ) then never bought the kite surfing stuff because,

There is just something to be said about a beach, a kite, great winds and a mp3 player
smiley2.gif

20080201_201814_kite1.jpg

20080201_202148_kite2.jpg

This is too cool I have a 7' combat kite. I used it a lot while I was on the Oregon coast 7 years ago. Have good winds here in Iowa but haven't used it in 2 years.

Ron

2 years ?
smiley19.gif

I haven't been out as much as I wanted to be lately, I spoiled myself with some good coastal winds and now, unless the winds are 25 or greater, it just seems a bit dull.

But nothing can beat a 10 or 15 of just zig zag hang time.

I was thinking lately of getting a 4 line kite, ( something bigger too ) but then I hinder my use time if the winds are to light, but that quad seems like a cool toy.

I like feathering the wind edges, if the wind is at my back and to the left of me is the land and the right is the ocean, I like to glide the edge till I can get the kite ot slowly fall to the water or sand, then right as it's about to touch, stall it for a minute or so then JET it to the sky
smiley2.gif

Only problem is,

everytime I see that canopy in the air, IT MAKES ME WANT TO SKY DIVE SO BAD ! maybe one of these years I'll take the dive.
smiley5.gif

My cousin in Arkensaw sells kites in his store. "The Golden Grotto" He flies a parakite like yours. I loved it on the beach I too liked skimming it loved the sound it made as it bit air and rushed skyard.

Ron

THAT is so cool! Something to do with all the open spaces and wind up here on the northern prairie! Think I can get one with the crest of the PWP on it?

Latest posts

Back