America in decline

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
China has their own versions of Facebook and twitter. AND, they have more internet users than the entire population of the US.

China has their own versions of Facebook and twitter. AND, they have more internet users than the entire population of the US.

Well I would say that is because they have a bigger population than what we have. My son currently is working in China and I only hear from him a couple times a week as oppose to everyday when he was in other countries.

They have their own versions because they will not let their citizens use Facebook or Twitter. I have several chinese friends who have family back in China, and believe me, they would much prefer to use the real thing.

They have their own versions because they will not let their citizens use Facebook or Twitter. I have several chinese friends who have family back in China, and believe me, they would much prefer to use the real thing.

Government censorship :s

And this is leads to one of the underlying reason as to why America will always be a competitor... People dont flock *to* China or Russia, like they have to America for generations - despite the speculation in the media lately that the "dream" might be changing, i dont think America will ever have low immigration numbers

China is going to fall off the cliff when their 1 child that they had won't be able to take care of their 2 parents. Not to mention that they are also looking to earn better wages, etc. Both the Chinese and the Russian people are learning that their gov't is not doing them any good. Look at the Korean peninsula. South Korea is growing, while North Korea is starving (yet for some reason wants to have a large military compared to their $???).

I look at it like this, a spoiled child has less motivation to become a better person than one that learns the value of money and work ethic.

As far as space exploration, we have to get the basic forms of gov't back on track before spending billions on a non-productive program, IMO. I really would love to see people go to Mars, but it seems we can't get the public schools to educate at the level they should be.

I probably shouldn't say this but....... far as I'm concerned this country has been in the crapper for a long time, ever since a family had to start having both parents work it's went downhill. The other thing is the free trade agreement we've adopted if it went as it was supposed to things would probably be fine but as it is we import tons of stuff from other countries and they don't import a tenth back from us.So most of our industries left to other countries for labor that compared to our labor costs was free. In fact it is cheaper to pay to have it made elsewhere and shipped back here than it is to make it here and sell it.Thing is we're buying stuff made in other countries by our own companies so we lose all the way around.That's why our country is going even quicker down the world drain. Even our own government is wanting to make us even more stupid than what we already are. I know I got kids who worked their tales off to get an education only to see other kids who can't hardly read a newspaper be given the same diploma's in school just because we can't have anyone left behind. OK I'm stepping down off the rant stool
lol

OK,

Getting back to the point. Most economists will agree on this: China will be the leading economic power within the next 10 years. Just look at the conversion rates of our respective currencies.

This original point I am making here is that China has become so strong, that they are INCREASING their space exploration budget while the USA has been cutting the NASA budget steadily since 1974. We do not have the money for space exploration anymore, but China certainly does. It just makes you think.

Another note. For what it is worth, good or bad, I feel that America is the greatest country on the planet! As citizens, we have had the right to criticize the way our country has been working for its entire history. There was a time in China, not too long ago, that any like comments that have appeared on this thread, we would have all been put into a work camp or simply taken out in the middle of the night and shot in the back of the head.

This in mind, it is hard to see our country flounder. Especially to a pseudo-comunist country.

i love this country as well, but i have come to learn...."love your country, but fear your government"....i am by no means a conspiracy theorist but believe me, there is soooo much that goes on behind the scenes with "our elected officials", that we are never privy too.....they only let us, the ones that "put them into power", ergo, in a round about way, "their bosses", what they want us to know...i'm sorry, i know we have the "best" political system out there, but it truly is far from perfect...when our elected officials, who should be looking out for our best interests, and working for us, seem to be following their own personal agendas, i take offense to that....when i see we have people in this country struggling to make ends meets, and i do means those that are working, and as previously mentioned, 2 income households, that can't get a little help, but we can help send aid, and support other struggling countries, i have a problem....when we have people that graciously served our military and risked their lives in combat, that the government basically turns their back on afterwards, i have a problem as well...ok...enough of this rant....i think you all see where i am going with this, and believe me, i could go on, but i'll get off of my soapbox as well now.....sorry everyone....

I so agree with you in the respect it seems anymore we can't trust our elected officials to do what we elected them to do, all they do is their own agenda.... Also like john I love this country with my all, in fact I volunteered to do service for it wholeheartedly, very willingly in fact and would again. I took an oath then to protect and serve our country and our constitution from foreign and domestic enemies (even though I got out of the service my oath didn't stop) which seems there are more and more of lately even in our government but guess it'll all come out in the wash as the old saying goes.

We have the money for whatever they want to spend it. We dont paid anywhere near enough taxs to cover the spending so after that it is make believe

Latest posts

Back