Aldi's Apples on Sale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemaker_3352

Reaction score
Aldi's has Gala and Jonathon Apples on sale for $1.19 per 3 # bag. About 40 cents a #...

Picked some up for next years batch.

If I look at one more apple, I'm going to throw up. My trees were loaded this year, I have apples for a dozen pies and two freezers full for wine making

So we should be expecting an apple pie with each bottle of wine exchanged at our get togethers from you. Cool.

Speaking of get togethers we are do for one arn't we????? A luncheon.

So we should be expecting an apple pie with each bottle of wine exchanged at our get togethers from you. Cool.

Speaking of get togethers we are do for one arn't we????? A luncheon.

Yes, we are loooonnnnggg over due. You working on the 22nd?

When you make apple wine are you pressing it, core it and crush it??

I cut the core out of the apples and slice into 1/4's. Then I freeze them until i am ready to crush them.

I core & quarter, then run thru a mincer & simmer 15 min. & put in primary. I have no means of pressing. After 4-5 days in primary, squeezing the straining bag 2X a day, I remove the straining bag while squeezing it one last time. There is only about 1/6 of the pulp left in the bag. After a week or so in the carboy their will be 2-3" of lees so I rack again. Extra work, but no pressing. Roy

Latest posts

Back