WineXpert Aging Question???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyK68

Reaction score
I have a question. I just put a Domain Des Brumes kit to age in my crawlspace. I Have been told by a few that this is an earlier drinker then most reds so I was going to leave it about 3 months and bottle it. I imagine it will be gone withen a year but was going to add the K-Meta just in case it wasnt. My question is should I have added it at final racking before bulk againg or am I ok to add it at bottling in 3 months?
Also has anyone else made this kit? Was it any good?

As long as you added the k-meta that came with the kit youll be ok to age bulk age for the 3 months. At bottling I recommend adding the extra k-meta though . I have not tried ths kit though so cant help with that aspect.

Damn Wade, what took you so long on that one? That was there almost an hour without an answer from you, your slippin dude! Just kidding. Thanks man.

smiley36.gif
I guess I should just pack my bags up and git outta town!

JohnnyK....I have that kit in bulk ageing right now...tasted nice at racking, young but nice....trying to decide if I should oak it, but seemed to have enough tannins at racking....A little time and I'll check again about the oaking.

I would wait until bottling to add the extra K-Meta

Back