Advice needed

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerbos5

Reaction score
First of all I was wondering if anybody had recommendations on a beginning growers wine grape vine that produces a nice dry red....I was considering a Norton/Cynthiana, as I live in the heart of the midwest K.C. Mo., I only have enough room for 3-4 vines so I'm not buying in bulk. As stated before I was looking for Norton plants/cuttings, but it appears there are no where to be found for spring planting, I'm not really picky when it comes to dry red wines, as i like most all of them, obviously some more than others, but I just want to tinker around with a few vines, and ultimately make some of my own wine.....any suggestions? Thanks All :h

I'm sure Grapeman will chide in as he OR Al have vineyards

WM: you are the second person to recommend them, and I went to there website last night and saw they were sold out, so I emailed them and asked if they could recommend someone else that I could get the cuttings from, and they gave me a quick reply back which was very nice, unfortunately there message was they didn't think anyone around that they knew had any for spring planting.

It is kind of late in the ordering season to be able to find some varieties for this years planting. Here's a link to some one else who shows their sold out. Give a call to them and see if maybe they can help you out with your small need.Heck try Double A vineyard too. Double A's link

Latest posts

Back