A Plug for a Great Bottling Setup

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robie

Reaction score
Bottling is something I least enjoy about wine making. I find myself always putting it off. For one reason or another, every time I find myself making a big mess and ending up wasting one-half to one full bottle of wine with every batch I bottle.

Consider this a "personal" plug from a frustrated bottler for this bottling equipment.

A few weeks ago I purchased the bottling hoses and fittings from allinonewinepump - Steve. I already had a vacuum pump, so I only needed the bottling setup and Steve agreed to sell me only what I needed.

Well, last night I bottled my first 30-bottle batch using this new equipment.

In the end I lost less than a half teaspoon of wine and that was from every once in a while a single drop dripping when moving the filler from one bottle to the next. Because of the way the setup works, each bottle was filled to the exact same level without having to use a turkey baster to remove wine from some bottles, then using it to top-off other bottles. The way it works is that when the bottle is full and the vacuum is broken, the excess wine immediately is sucked back into the source container, leaving the exact wine level you preset.

The setup requires an overflow container for any wine that might accidentally get sucked into the vacuum hose on the vacuum pump side of the setup. This of course is to protect the pump. Maybe I was just lucky, but because of the setup's supplied vacuum breaking switch, not a single drop of wine ever reached that overflow container.

I usually make such a mess that after I finish corking the bottles, I have to rinse them to remove all the sticky wine that overflowed. Not a single bottle required rinsing this time.

Seriously, guys and gals, Steve's setup works great and I personally recommend it.

Steve did not ask me to write this, but because I know I am not the only person who can benefit from his setup, I feel I have to tell you about it.

Thank you Steve!!!

Robie, I too had a vacuum pump & wanted to upgrade our bottling system. After much research we bought the bottling attachment from Vacuumpumpman. [All in one pump] It is so simple & easy to use. All bottles filled to the exact level you want, without spilling, & minimum foaming. One person could easily cork while the next bottle is filling! My wife LOVES to help in the winery so she fills the bottle, while I cork etc. but their is no reason for 2, other than togetherness! We used to dread bottling, NOW it's our favorite part of winemaking! Also Steve's service-delivery was outstanding. Roy FightingTown Creek Wines, up to 160 gals. a year & growing! [All personal]

This sounds fantastic. I, too, have a vacuum pump that I use for racking and degassing, but I have never used it for bottling yet. If I may so, how much does Steve charge for the fittings and equipment that I will need to be able to use my pump for bottling? Thanks alot!

this whole thing is a beautiful story to watch, thanks for sharing your history w this machine

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back