a little short

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victank1

Reaction score
I need to rack my strawberry hooch but it is around 4 gals and I have a 5 gal and a three gal carbouy. If I put into the 5 gal carbouy will it go bad or be okay...Vic

That is why I have a selection from 6 gallons to 1/2 gallon. I also have airlocks that fit 750l and 375l bottles.

I would rack to a 3 gallon and a 1 gallon to avoid problems.

BTW...not often I run into someone with the same last name as me. Where are you from?

Try to find you a one gallon carboy. Look at the local grocery or wine store and see if they have those gallon jugs of wine. You could look around if any store has gallon jugs of cider, etc. You are going to run the risk of oxidizing the wine unless you have some CO2 you can blanket the wine with. Or you could use a whole lot of glass marbles in the carboy to raise the level to a safe spot.

victank, I used to live in Anniston and worked for a Dr in town there.

Know I am new and all, but I read that one way to fix the large carboy problem is to use sanitized marbles in the bottom of the carboy to displace to the right level.

Back