750ml wine bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Detail

Reaction score
Has anyone had a good experience with a particular company that sells wine bottles by the case?
Good experience meaning all 12 bottles arrive unbroken. :ib

Shipping is a killer on bottles, but I've had good luck with Shore Container. There appears to be a sweet spot with shipping when you order 3 cases (at least that's been my experience). Play around with different quantities to see what works best.

I have only bought 1 case of wine since I have started making.
They were all unbroken..
If i could get them at like 7.00 a case I would buy more...

Like James, I can't handle the high price. The wine supply store here has them for $19.95/case. That makes label scraping worth it to me.

There are a few online Homebrew shops that have a flat rate shipping of $6.99 per order, I've taken advantage of this a few times.

Has anyone had a good experience with a particular company that sells wine bottles by the case?
Good experience meaning all 12 bottles arrive unbroken. :ib

Have you tried talking to any of your local wine/beer shops? I get all the free ones I want from them.
Another thing to do, is try any wineries(if you have any nearby). I have a few of them that give me their empties as they only use new.

Here in Pennsylvania, the liquor laws are very archaic.
They have separate stores run by the state government just for hard liquor and wine. If you want beer, then you go to an individually owned beer distibutor.

I just called my local liquor store and he told me that they rarely get any used empties.

I tried my local liquor store if they had any empties after a tasting and apparently they have to send them all back to the producer for credits.

Check out your local wineries if they have a food service. I don't believe they are allowed to/ or it's too expensive to reuse the bottles purchased for dining and/or tasting. I have acquired a few cases by simply asking @ closing time. They were being thrown out..

Contacting the local winery is a good call, I was purchasing brand new cases for just over $7, if the winery has tastings, which most do, see if they will save them for you.
I got so tired of removing labels that I decided to buy new bottles.

Try asking a banquet hall if they could part with a few cases of empties.
They'll have a ton of them after a weekend of weddings.

Thanks guys, all good ideas.
I e-mailed a couple of local wineries. Waiitng for an answer.
Just found yesterday someone on Craigslist selling used cases of green, clear and blue glass.

Green Burgundy style wine bottles, $7 per case of 12 bottles.
Clear bordeaux style bottles for $5 per case.
Blue hock bottles for $9 per case.

The winery idea is a great way to go. Last summer, I found an ad on Craigslist from a Winery that had an excess of bottles and nowhere to store them. $4 a case brand new! I think I ended up taking home 12 cases that day.

I pick up 8 or 10 each time I go to our recycling center. I have quite a collection. Removing labels a few at a time isn't too bad.

Latest posts

Back