Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahaas56

Reaction score
my wine kit instructions are to have wine(winexpert cabernet sauvignon) in secondary for 10 days and hydrometer should read 0.996 or less. I'm in the 6th day and my sg is .0993. can I move to the degassing stage, stabilizing and clearing stage now? just looking for some advice on this move before starting.. wine temp is 72.5 F.

Thanks

Last edited:
ok I'm understanding wait a few days if sg is still dropping then wait a few more days. Can the sg go to low or will it finally maintain?

ok I'm understanding wait a few days if sg is still dropping then wait a few more days. Can the sg go to low or will it finally maintain?

Eventually fermentation will stop when sugar gets too low or alcohol gets too high for the yeast to continue. They know when that is, so you needn't be concerned. You don't have long to wait. The minimum you're likely to achieve is 0.990, probably a little higher. You should have at least 2 (preferably 3) equal readings to make certain the yeast are finished.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back