What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2008 Long Shadows Feather Cabernet Sauvignon. Amazing.

2010-Feather-Print.jpg

Enjoying a wonderful Bordeaux this evening. It still had plenty of fruit to mingle with hints of spice, cedar and truffles.

10451335_10100621862075549_923164268099445482_n.jpg

Late 2012 Winery Series Super Tuscan. Just started another a few weeks ago. Good thing. This one is running low.

Michael David's 2012 Petite Petit, 85% Petite Sirah/15% Petit Verdot. Excellent

LaCrema is the theme of the day today. Roast chicken for dinner and I'm making stock from scratch with the 'innards' (and a couple leftover wings from lunch), and gravy from scratch. Both the stock and the gravy have white wine in them, so its LaCrema Chardonnay. The glass+ left from what I need for those is in my glass now. Shortly, with dinner, it'll be the LaCrema Pinot Noir.

2013 Traminette that I havent't bottled yet! I had a 1 1/2 liter left over, dam is this good. Your first taste is pineapple and a grapefruit finish. The fruit flavors are very strong in this wine plus there is a nice crispness from the acid in the finish.

Ok, I just have to say how freakin good this stuff is!!!!!!!! And Mike what the he11 is up with your avatar? I hate to say this but I almost wish for the freakin jumpin elephant back!

Last edited:
2013 Traminette that I havent't bottled yet! I had a 1 1/2 liter left over, dam is this good. Your first taste is pineapple and a grapefruit finish. The fruit flavors are very strong in this wine plus there is a nice crispness from the acid in the finish.

Ok, I just have to say how freakin good this stuff is!!!!!!!! And Mike what the he11 is up with your avatar? I hate to say this but I almost wish for the freakin jumpin elephant back!

Hey Julie:

Where did you get the Traminette? I had my first one this fall from Harford Vineyard, while I was picking up my CA grapes from them. I really enjoyed it and certainly wouldn't mind making one.

Hey Julie:

Where did you get the Traminette? I had my first one this fall from Harford Vineyard, while I was picking up my CA grapes from them. I really enjoyed it and certainly wouldn't mind making one.

I got it from Walkers Fruit Market which is in New York. I know that is a little bit of a trip for you but if you are interested next fall, maybe we can come up with a plan.

Gruet Blanc de Noirs. Left over from New Years Eve. Sparkling wine made here in NM by a French family. Definitely nice and it goes really well with leftover Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Bruschetta. :hug

701253003007.jpg

Tonight, after helping my son change the fuel pump on my daughter's Jeep Liberty, I'm enjoying a 2013 Diamond. Oh so good. Julie, I'll be up next weekend for the Tramenette.

Gruet Blanc de Noirs. Left over from New Years Eve. Sparkling wine made here in NM by a French family. Definitely nice and it goes really well with leftover Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Bruschetta. :hug

701253003007.jpg

Sounds like a very nice pairing.

2013 Merlot/Cab Sav blend.
Dragon blood.
Moscato Canelli from juice bucket (yummy)

:tz

Hey Julie:

Jim,
Harford sells those Traminette grapes in the fall, and it is one of the varietals they grow onsite.
Heather

Latest posts

Back