What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very cheap, but surprisingly pleasant, Primitivo. Specifically, 2012 Grifone Primitivo (i.e., Griffin, the mythical creature) from Puglia. This was about $7 at Trader Joe's. Very round, (if a tad thin), velvet finish, blueberries and fruit (more so than jam).

Nissley Vineyards 2012 Concord. Very different from previous years, has a nice bite to it.

2006 BV Reserve Tapestry paired with Boneless Beef Short Ribs with au jus and served on a bed on herb and garlic smashed potatoes……. :hug

bvtapestry.jpg

I bottled my WE LE Washington Cab/Merlot tonight. Soooo, quite a bit of that found its way into my glass somehow... :D

BTW, I pitched yeast on 6/23, and at 6 mos. it is pretty fine. We'll see in another year or so.

TENUTA DEL PORTALE

Aglianico del Vulture Riserva 2007

Score: 92
Release Price: $23
Region: Basilicata
Issue: Sep 30, 2013

Wild, featuring attractive notes of mocha, game and underbrush to the dark plum sauce and dried wild berry flavors. Structured, with ample fruit and spice to carry the long, minerally finish. Drink now through 2020. 800 cases made. –NW

borat-thumbs-up-very-nice.jpg

TENUTA DEL PORTALE

Aglianico del Vulture Riserva 2007

Score: 92
Release Price: $23
Region: Basilicata
Issue: Sep 30, 2013

Wild, featuring attractive notes of mocha, game and underbrush to the dark plum sauce and dried wild berry flavors. Structured, with ample fruit and spice to carry the long, minerally finish. Drink now through 2020. 800 cases made. –NW

borat-thumbs-up-very-nice.jpg

I agree with Borat's assessment. I got licorice, cherry, cigar, and a hint of mocha, along with earthy flavors. Very dry and as the description above says, a looooooong finish. It was $19.99 at Total Wine and I'll be going back (probably this weekend) to get another bottle or two. Highly recommended.

I know I had posted on here somewhere about Chilean whites, in particular Sauvignon Blanc. My 2012 was ok but it was not something I would brag about and the 2013 was just down right horrible. Ffemt128 has said he is done with the Chilean whites, because of an off flavor to them. I had to agree, we called it the "Chilean taste". Well a couple of weeks ago, I opened a 2013 bottle, it was 18 month old. Wow has it changed, mouthfeel is great and it has this nice tropical taste to it with a nice smooth finish, no "chilean taste" at all.

Well, I still had 4 bottles of 2012 Sauvignon Blanc left, so I decided to open a bottle. Well I can't believe on how much this has changed, while I thought it was ok in 2013 it is fantastic now. Nice mouthfeel and pineapple coming thru at the beginning and finishing with a nice grapefruit flavor. I am loving this tonight

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back