What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a restaurant, I had a flight of three wines: A Cab, a Merlot, and a Syrah. (They called the flight "The CMS Trio.") The Cab was "meh," the Syrah was decent, and the Merlot was fantastic. Rich, round, silken, and toffee aftertaste. It was a Gordon Estates Merlot (don't know the vintage). I was pleased and surprised to see that this was from Pasco, WA, near where I lived on temporary assignment for a few months a couple of years ago. Too bad I didn't know about them then!

Good to see another good Merlot from WA State! Like I have said their Merlot's are so good they cut them down with Cab Sauv!

RJS Coffee Port, finished off one of the bottles I brought with me on Thanksgiving trip to Dallas.

Went over to visit some friends last night and brought a bottle of my first CC Showcase Red Mountain Trio. It didn't last long. :D

Friends brought over a bottle of Fulkerson BurntTray 50% merlot 50%noiret.

It was a semi dry. seemed like the wine could not decide if it wanted o be dryish or somewhat sweetish.
It had an odd mix flavor to it.

But being the polite host, I helped drink it and thanked them.

When they left I had a few Long Trail Sick Day IPA's

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Washed down some drunken mussels with an RJS RQ Torrontes. Extra crisp and citrusy.

Hey Ya'll,

Just a glass of my latest Dragons Blood. Good, but not my best I think. I did also have a test glass of my latest Skeeter Pee, Lemon, pineapple, orange, and it was tops. Hope everyone is having a great evening. The wife (Robin) is putting up the christmas tree and this always creates some tension as I have to bring in the boxes of stuff and then carry them back out as "thats not want I want". More important to her than to me but I try to please her the best I can! Love my woman!! She loves Christmas.:xmas:xmas

Life's too short to let it sit. Drink it up! Pulled this out of my cellar tonight. I have a lot of bottles getting a bit on in age. This one definitely is not past, though! Really enjoying how it is opening up in my glass.

10426665_10100600096154629_5415755219642035688_n.jpg

We made a Costco run this weekend and picked up one of their Deep Dish Pizza's. Paired it with one of my 2011 Blends from Lodi, CA. I called it "Acarreando Largo" or "Long Haul" in english. OMG has this wine come together. This one is headed to a competition for sure in the not to distant future. Very proud to say this one is all my baby from start to finish.

In case any one is wondering this blend is:

60% Merlot
16% Cab Sauv
12% Cab Franc
9% Malbec
4% Petit Verdot

I could sell this wine all day long. But it is not for sale! :sm

LARGO.jpg

I am a Columbia Crest kind of guy :)

I have a 2001 Columbia Crest Reserve Walter Clore (Bordeaux blend) in the Cellar
I have a 2002 Chateau Montelena Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon

and I have a 2005 Columbia Crest Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (Wine Spectator #1 Wine of the year in 2009 95pts)

What?????? :slp I don't know how you would not have a Cab Sauv in your commercial wine cellar that I bet is bigger than anyone else's on here with a name like Chateau Ste Michelle!!!!!

At a restaurant, I had a flight of three wines: A Cab, a Merlot, and a Syrah. (They called the flight "The CMS Trio.") The Cab was "meh," the Syrah was decent, and the Merlot was fantastic. Rich, round, silken, and toffee aftertaste. It was a Gordon Estates Merlot (don't know the vintage). I was pleased and surprised to see that this was from Pasco, WA, near where I lived on temporary assignment for a few months a couple of years ago. Too bad I didn't know about them then!

Gordon is one of mine favorite. They make good stuff.

Just got done bottling my first kit wine a WE Pinot Noir, and have a half bottle left over! Guess I'll be sipping that tonight.

Latest posts

Back