What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL I have been on the Reynvaan list for the last 3 three years now. Sparkman is still pretty cheap in comparison. I usually cherry pick Sparkman year to year. 2011 is turning out so hit and miss (in WA and CA) due to the cold weather.

Mike, The 2011 vintage is also quite good. In addition to Syrah it has some cab. Spent 16 months in French oak. Bit pricey but then all of the Sparkman Syrah's are pricey.

Went out for an early dinner with the family. I'm now relaxing with 2(ish) fingers of Booker's. It's making me nice and warm inside on this cold fall night.

2012 Girard Petite Sirah. The 2011 got 93 points from Wine Spectator. I don't think I'd give this one more than 92.5 :)

Last edited:
Back in 2010, probably in May. My wife and I made our second wine a Wine Expert Luna Rosa. More than likely we followed the directions exactly as written. Today is our 4 year wedding anniversary and we discovered the very last bottle. So tonight we are enjoying it greatly. It has really gotten much better.

Back in 2010, probably in May. My wife and I made our second wine a Wine Expert Luna Rosa. More than likely we followed the directions exactly as written. Today is our 4 year wedding anniversary and we discovered the very last bottle. So tonight we are enjoying it greatly. It has really gotten much better.
:pty
Well then, Happy Anniversary to you and the wife.....many more happy happy bottles of wine.

Aussie Grenache Rose from WE's 2014 limited release collection. It's about 8 months old now and really coming around nicely. I put half the f-pac in primary.

Had an Urban Riesling last night. Very sweet.
Sampled some wines at the local discount liquor store as well. A nice dry Riesling, and an nice Pinot Noir. The proprietor said they are both a must have at the Thanksgiving table.

Tried out my 11 month old WE Selection, barrel aged Barolo.

it was nice, oaky, a bit a fruit in there. yet it seems like there is potential for more flavor to pop with age

We had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner this evening. Brined a turkey and had the usual sides. Paired the meal with a 2012 Poet's Leap Riesling (89pts WS) from Long Shadow's for a white and then we pulled a 2010 Evening Land Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley in OR. This wine made WS list of Top 100 wines for 2012. (93pts WS) The Pinot Noir goes so well with turkey!

Poets-Leap-07.jpg

2011.PN.Willamette.jpg

We drank our own Catawba, then a Wylie Winery 2011 Zinfandel, which was very well received. Julie, we may need another bottle or two of that to FULLY appreciate the taste of that wine.....

lol, well I hate to tell you this but there isn't anymore from that year.

I've been thinking of trying port. A coffee buddie of mine is a minor addict of the stuff and suggested Taylor Fladgate 20 year Tawny Port as a good starting point. It's a bit expensive (assume I paid double what you would in the states), so I haven't quite decided to pull the stopper yet. Your feedback on pairings would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back