What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Lytton Springs is a favorite of mine. And Seghesio is solid. I haven't tried the Ravenswood Belloni before. Looking forward to trying that. Also, the Deaver Vineyard Terra d'Oro is supposed to be really nice. I used to love the Rombauer's from the early 90's but now they are so over ripe and jammy that they could pass for desert wines. There are some who really love that. But I like the more balanced food friendly black peppery sins.

The last two are Michael David wines. Earthquake from vines planted in 1908 (The great SF earthquake) and Rage. They are supposed to be big boys. We'll see.

I wanted to include some from Turley and Karly but I couldn't source any in time.

The Lytton Springs is a favorite of mine. And Seghesio is solid. I haven't tried the Ravenswood Belloni before. Looking forward to trying that. Also, the Deaver Vineyard Terra d'Oro is supposed to be really nice. I used to love the Rombauer's from the early 90's but now they are so over ripe and jammy that they could pass for desert wines. There are some who really love that. But I like the more balanced food friendly black peppery sins.

The last two are Michael David wines. Earthquake from vines planted in 1908 (The great SF earthquake) and Rage. They are supposed to be big boys. We'll see.

I wanted to include some from Turley and Karly but I couldn't source any in time.

Ridge Lytton Spring is always a favorite for us. Have fun. Find a designated driver.:h

ImageUploadedByWine Making1402792343.270391.jpg
Fishbowl

6 oz vodka
6 oz cocanut rum
4 oz peach schnapps
4 oz uv blue vodka
Sprite
Some nerds & Swedish fish

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Yes, the Lytton Springs did well but it needs another year or two. The top two wines this evening were the Terra d'Oro Deaver Vineyard and the Ravenswood Belloni Vineyard. Both excellent wines. Rage was pretty popular.

The Seghesio was solid but I think it got lost among the other players tonight. It is best with food on its own. In a tasting like this it was a bit overshadowed because it is more elegant and refined than the others. It also needs more time and this bottle may be in a sleeping phase.

MM Renaissance Aussie Chard. I over oaked it, but it's still pretty good.

Folks really liked the Brazin. It was not over the top but had really nice cherry and blackberry fruit. It exceeded expectations. $17 here but we can find it a little cheaper now and then.

Greg, this may mark me as an amateur, but my "house red" is 7 Deadly Zins. Assuming you have had it enough to be familiar, how would you say it compares to that impressive lineup you had the other night?

Funny you would ask. We brought out a couple bottles of the 7 deadly sins at the end of the night (as if we didn't have enough wine). It is also a Michael David wine, the same producer as the earthquake and the rage. For the price it's a really good value and a fine quaff. None was left at the end.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Had a glass Pinot Noir with dinner,
Then a glass of Raspberry/Blue berry (super chilled) for dessert, while binge watching Fringe!

I'm having a "few" Cab Sauv."s. Store bought and cheap at that, I have to admit

Having a 2012 Elderberry, this has got to be my favorite fruit wine

RJS En Primeur Amarone. A year old and still a little harsh. But that isn't stopping me. :)

Mine is a 2011 Valiant. Seems to be getting better every year, should be great by 2050.

A Willamette Valley Pinot, but the name of Samuel Robert Winery. I got it from WTSO; supposedly, it is a $50 wine (that I got for about $15). I did not like it as well as the $5 Rex Goliath that had open for topping off my WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir. It was advertised as being in "a lighter style," and boy was it ever. It was thin and very light in color, with not a lot of flavor. :(

Back