What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a bottle of 2011 CC Showcase Yakima Valley Syrah with some of the left over pulled pork. Dang for a kit wine this wine rocks, too bad they discontinued it.

WA state grows some great Syrah that goes great with BBQ!

Down to about 10 bottles of this one…… :(

Excellent. I snagged one in December. It'll be emerging from Vadai #2 in a few weeks.

Last night I opened a split of my WE Eclipse Barolo. Very young - 9 months, but progressing very well. Really enjoyable and much better than it's age would indicate.

1st day I summer (wife's last day of school & I have every Friday off until sept)
It is 4 pm and I have spent the last 3 hours in my pool and drank 3/4 of my 1st bottle of sp for the season (a year old bottle Skeeter Pee)

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

1st day I summer (wife's last day of school & I have every Friday off until sept)
It is 4 pm and I have spent the last 3 hours in my pool and drank 3/4 of my 1st bottle of sp for the season (a year old bottle Skeeter Pee)

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Lol, I have every Friday off until Sept also, I love it, and we just got out of our pool!

I have every Friday off, period. (Until some bozo screws with the schedule ....again)

I have a wonderful glass of RM Cab. It's about 18 months old and starting to come into its own. May have to make another one before Cellar Craft goes away (he said speculatively)

Sipping on a bottle of 09' Rock Meadow Cellars "Satisfaction". A "right bank" Bordeaux blend predominately of Merlot. Sadly this boutique winery just liquidated there entire stock and have shut down after only 6 years. It was formed by 5 couples whose husbands were mostly all "Microsoft Millionaires" on the outskirts of Seattle, WA. Too many cooks in the kitchen probably with different ideas. The wine was always excellent. Not cheap really averaging around $25 a bottle but their Merlot was always jaw dropping like it could stand up to any Cab Sauv. Amazing stuff. Down to only about 5 bottles of 09 stuff left in the Cellar…… :(

d71dbae3a4c5b013a7569aa8dde68677.wix_mp_512

Went through a few bottles of Eclipse Sauvignon Blanc with some of the neighbors last night. It really is quite good and I've yet to serve it to anyone who didn't agree. If you're looking for a white wine kit to make, I highly recommend this one.

How old is yours now Jim? Mine is still a baby at around 6 months I think but taste pretty darn amazing as it is. Can't wait to get a few more months of bottle age on this one and for sure this is gonna be one I keep in stock as long as the juice keeps coming from NZ.

I plan to do a compare and contrast on Mosti Renaissance Montepulciano vs WE International Montepulciano. it's time to start another and need to decide which brand I want to do. Fixin to fire up the Primo ceramic grill for some reverse-sear action on a Tri Tip roast to go with the wine.

How old is yours now Jim? Mine is still a baby at around 6 months I think but taste pretty darn amazing as it is. Can't wait to get a few more months of bottle age on this one and for sure this is gonna be one I keep in stock as long as the juice keeps coming from NZ.

Pitched 2/10/13, so I'm a little shy of 17 months. It really started to shine at 10-12 months, in my opinion.

You may not believe this combo.

Started out with a couple bottles of Dragon Blood.

With our dinner of pork spare ribs, moved on to a 1986 St. Emillion Grand Cru (Chateau Canon-la-Gaffeliere).

Finished with a 1987 Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon (Saint Morillon, from Maipo). Yes, a cheap Chilean from 1987.

Ya gotta love friends with deep wine cellars!! :D

Both of the 198x's wines were past their prime, but both were lovely. Believe it or not, if forced to choose, I would take the cheap Chilean over the Grand Cru.

A first glass of my wild plum mead from this fall. Still really young but quite nice. The wild plums I picked were both very tart, very tannic and very intensely flavored like apricot/mango/tangerine. I used a combination of my fall wildflower honey (which was medium-dark and spicy) and orange blossom honey. Very "mango". Some floral tones are starting to come out too. Will open the next bottle on its birthday in a few months.

Getting together with a buddy of mine to share a bottle of Opus One (1996). He also has a stash of great cigars (but will only flame up after the Opus One is gone).

Getting together with a buddy of mine to share a bottle of Opus One (1996). He also has a stash of great cigars (but will only flame up after the Opus One is gone).

Just a typical Wednesday night, eh?

Mom and Dad just got back from a 2+ week vacation the other day, so I stopped by to see them on my way home from work. We enjoyed an Orin Swift 2011 'Abstract'. Very good, but could use a little more time in the bottle.

Opened a bottle of 2012 LR WE Red Mountain Meritage. This stuff has gotten good possibly even dare I say great………

I tweaked the shat out of it and it was not my favorite at 12 mo but now at almost 30mo it has settled in very nicely.

I may have to send a few bottles in and see how it does in competition.

Oh and it went very well with angus hot dogs with chili, onions and grated manchego cheese on top! :hug

Latest posts

Back