What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sampling a bottle of our own Catawba. One bottle down, maybe opening another....

Tonight my red solo cup contains my homemade Cranberry Port. I made this from 4 16 oz. cans of whole berry cranberry sauce and 1.50 gallons of cranberry juice. Brown and white sugar to SG of 1.145. It stopped ferminting at 1.013. About 17% by my calculater. Flavored vodka to 22%. It is slightly dry, sweet but not too much so with a nice tart flavor. My first port!! I did good Ya'll.

Joe

I can't pass up singing 'Red Solo Cup, I fill you up, procede to party!'

Thou art braver than I, I still haven't tried a port. I'm to scurrrrred.

Fired up the Kettle Pizza Oven last night. Started with a '10 H3 Les Chevaux (Columbia Crest) with the Pizza and then popped a cork on my '11 El Disidente' made from fresh grapes from Lodi, CA. This is predominantly Merlot blend with a few other friends to round it out. 1 year in the bottle and almost three years old. Wow, just wow. I tell you no kit can ever come close to this stuff. It takes awhile but so worth the wait.

2010 Greg Norman Shiraz Cabernet. Quite a bit dry and much less fruity then I expected. A very nice wine, with nice tannins and good body.

After working on my H-braces in 95 degrees, a cool refreshing fizzy rosé was just the thing I was looking forward to. As you can see this one is past it's prime. It was brown and oxidized but still fizzy and drinkable. After that light brown fizzy wine I needed something with a little more meat!

10514750_10100495002872409_2632491110212049604_n.jpg

10384525_10100495156195149_9030262269380964061_n.jpg

Hot here in NC today too, 95 degrees + humidity. Gotta love the south, right?
Some freshly done Blue Blood (blueberry dragon blood) in my red Solo Cup tonight. Very enjoyable this evening! Hoping you all have a great rest of the day.

Joe

Currently enjoying a 2013 Chilean Malbec. Ive manaved to only open a few of thse so far since I want it to age. Very nice if I do say so.

Eclipse Barolo. Yummy.

Currently enjoying a 2013 Chilean Malbec. Ive manaved to only open a few of thse so far since I want it to age. Very nice if I do say so.

Juice bucket? I need to get mine bottled.

Last edited:
Renaissance Aussie Chardonnay. Barrel fermented and 11 months old. Really starting to come into its own.

British Columbian pinot noir (kit). It has a nice oak flavor - which will be an interesting contrast to the Oregon Willamette valley kit I have in carboy.

Leftovers. From last night's bottle of 2013 CA Grand Red and today's bottling of the 2013 Chilean Malbec.

chocolate orange port,fortified with a little something, 2 year old,very ,very tasty!!

Back