What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sipping on what was left in the bottle of my 2013 Amador Gold Petit Sirah after I just topped up the barrel. Man! I can't wait for this one. Excellent already. It's my first all-grape batch and I think I got really lucky on this one.

Muscadine gone, just opened a bottle of the 2012 Gold Medal Elderberry. Haven't had any in close to 9 months. It was made with approx 9 lbs per gallon. 1 case left.

And how is it? I'm thinking I need a bottle of that, :i

2012 Chilean Carmanere, probably my best wine ever!

A 2012 Pinotage called "Barista." It was, I am pretty sure, my first-ever Pinotage. I liked it! It was quite tasty and the notes of caramel and butterscotch were quite appealing!

A blend of Petit Verdot and Red Mountain Cab.... both about 18 months old.

Some 18 month old Dragon Blood. At 1 year, I thought it had peaked. Apparently, it had not.

Speaking of "Apparently":

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5TGN7eUcM[/ame]

That youtube is great. 10 million views and going strong :)

Today, I saw a clip of his Good Morning America interview. Michael Strahan was interviewing him. He said "I know you - you used to be a New York Giant. I used to like the Giants, but then my Grandpa brainwashed me to like the Steelers." :)

Tonight it is a 2012 CC Sterling California Syrah. Tweaked with banana, dried blueberries and dried cherries in primary. It had a healthy dose of oak during bulk aging, along with Tancor Grand Cru and tellicherry peppercorns. It took quite a while to come around (and still is), but it is very complex and enjoyable.

A blend of Petit Verdot and Red Mountain Cab.... both about 18 months old.

Was this individual glasses of each, or a blend you created? If a blend, can you share more details? Sounds intriguing.

Was this individual glasses of each, or a blend you created? If a blend, can you share more details? Sounds intriguing.

It was a blend. I've been blending wines just to see what comes from it. I was watching something on TV about wine blending, and the expert said that almost every wine can be improved with blending. In this particular case, 2 goods made a better :h

Last night I blended 2 blends. A 3 year old Chilean Trek and an 18 month old Melange a trois. The result was a very well rounded and fairly tasty wine, but a little too indistinct for my tastes. Apparently you can over blend.

Tonight after a long day working on the house, I'm enjoying a 2011 Noble Muscadine. Wonder if I can find any of the Oaked Muscadine?

Tonight after a long day working on the house, I'm enjoying a 2011 Noble Muscadine. Wonder if I can find any of the Oaked Muscadine?

And how is this, lol, since it is a surprise fine?

Back