What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As some on you might know I am in the Tea and coffee business. So I'm doing a bit of "research". Rum-Chata (Rum & Horchata liqueur) and Illy Cafe' Espresso shot. Shaken with ice or frothed and layered hot.

rum-chata and Illy.jpg

Neighbors called and said "let's get Chinese". To go with it, we had some sparkling wine, some Eclipse Sauv Blanc, and some of my recently bottled Grenache Rose.

Just did some barrel tasting/topping up of the 2013 Chilean Malbec and the CC Showcase Yakima Syrah. Both will come out of their respective barrels in the next month. Both are very good and I'm looking forward tho this fall/early winter when I'll be ready to start really enjoying them.

New restaurant just opened up in town, right on the water. So the best I could do was a glass of Beringer White Zin.

Poped a cork on a bottle of my 2011 "Cabello Muerto" blend made from fresh grapes from Lodi, CA. Mostly Cab Sauv and a few other players. Been in the bottle almost a year now. Boquet is very nice, very nice oak, lots of dark fruits. Taste is coming around but oh those tannins! They are still pretty harsh at the moment. I opened another bottle a few weeks ago of a different blend from this vintage and drank it over three nights. All I can say is wow, each night it got better and better as the tannins softened with more and more air. Nice finish on this wine. Just needs more time to soften and integrate.

Poped a cork on a bottle of my 2011 "Cabello Muerto" blend made from fresh grapes from Lodi, CA.
Just needs more time to soften and integrate.

Yeah, when it is aged, you will be able to take a satisfying sip, lean back and say "Yep, you just can't beat a Dead Horse"! :D

LOL, I tell you, the "real one" is pretty effing awesome!

199188.jpg

Powerful stuff he makes. They need a couple of years in the cellar before they become approachable! Sounds like you need to go back to the PNW!

I dusted rainbow trout in coconut flour and pan fried in coconut oil. I opened a bottle of my peach wine to accompany the fish. It was a nice Pairing.

A Louis Martini Cab to go with a grilled ribeye. Sadly, I just delivered a perfectly grilled meal of Vidalia onions, Yukon Gold potatoes, asparagus, ribeye, and (non-grilled :^) salad, and an important phone call came in for SWMBO. Therefore, the meal will be served at room temperature! :(

Had a bottle of my Eclipse Riesling tonight with dinner of "Southwestern Chicken with Lime". This wine is about 6 months old now. PnP and the wine just knocks you over with a lovely bouquet of peach, melon, mango and grapefruit as well as a wonderful crisp acidity on the tongue…….

Unfortunately the crisp acidity seems to last about 15 minutes….. :(

After that it still has the bouquet but no finish, just flat as a board on the pallet. No staying power.

Consume quickly. I will probably go back to CC Showcase Riesling for my next round.

okay I have to come clean and admit I'm drinking...store bought! and a cheap one at that.lol. Jackson Triggs Cab Sauv.

Latest posts

Back