What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 weeks here since I mowed the lawn but we finally got some good rain yesterday. I think it was a little to late though!

We've been mowing twice a week for a while. Had a nice rain storm today
and have a least 1 inch in my car and I can't pull the drain plug
because its in the garage waiting for the rain to stop.

The rain did help encourage me to bottle my RQ Alpine Foothills Italian
Barbaresco I even have some set aside to enjoy with dinner. Gee I'm on a roll bottling, maybe I should clean more bottles so I can continue!

Update:
While I was looking for more to bottle I checked my label supply and I'll need to place on order before I go to crazy bottling.
Here is a pic:

20100716_153620_DSCN5826_Deskto.JPG

Very nice looking indeed....I need to get more bottles delabeled and washed myself.

Waiting on a carboy and a bella bianco kit from George and just used my birthday cupon & $25 gift card from the Western PA meetup that I won to order another carboy and an Australian Meritage kit.
I'm getting into the bad habit of having to order a new carboy with every kit I buy.... I know George is loving it but my wallet isn't.
I guess I'll do this while I have the cash because soon I'll have another student loan payment due and a honeymoon to pay for.

Waiting for the new wine press I ordered to show up. it's gonna be a few days :)

Super. Always nice to find out there's a tornado warning when one is working late... next to a giant glass window...
smiley5.gif

Vegitables..Yuck!! But I do like to cook with them. So is this a drinkable wine and how does it taste. I loved Julies Pepper wine. Would the carrot wine be something you would marinate a roast in?

Remember:

Think out of the Box...

Not bad.. added some OJ concentrate and backsweetened.

t will start with a call to my dump for them to save me bottles and then
Ill start delabeling the last of the bottles I got last week and then
run to my local wine supply store to grab a few packets of Superkleer as
my peach wine doesnt want to clear and I dont have any on hand so 3
packets of that and probably some sorbate as I believe Im getting low.
Then its time to rack my Blueberry Melomel, and stabilize my
Liebfraumilch and Whit Merlot. Then its bottling tim for my Cab Merlot
blend from last years grapes and also my Sangiovese Zin mix from last
years grapes also. Then I have to label the Pom. Zin and Blackberry I
bottled last week and get that cellared. Then its off to the dump with a
few bottles to give them for hopefully the usual 130 or there abouts
bottles. Phew, that hurts just typing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow man.... That is a busy day.

For me it will be a uneventfull weekend. I am tired and have been traveling alot.

I need to get a few days... I have Meglioli Zin, pinot grigio, and a bodega Port all on deck.

Plus a bunch more that are ready to move to the next step.

Also want to do a 5 gallon batch of Apricot.

Sure do but Im not driving all the way up there to get them this weekend!
smiley36.gif

I got an early start as I had a boost of energy and delabeled the 3 cases of bottles I had so now I have only 5 cases ready to use, As you can tell Ive been slacking on getting empties as I used to have about 20 cases ready to go at any time. Now Im behind the ball and will never get caught up!
smiley18.gif

tepe said:
Remember:

Think out of the Box...

Not bad.. added some OJ concentrate and backsweetened.

There are boxes? Really?
Tepe, carrot wine is still on my list to make so I'm yours turned out well. How many pounds of carrots per gallon did you end up using? One of our local wineries makes a terrific carrot wine that I would love to try and duplicate. They also have an Orange Coffee wine that I did manage to duplicate, mine maybe a little heavier on the coffee but boy is it good!
This weekend I am watching my Mango Mint clear and sweetening my Blueberry/Pom, and perhaps bottling a Tannat/Merlot. Now if the weather is nice none of that will happen!

40#'s for 6 gal
I simmered them in a big pot and used that water as well. (got carrots soft)

I was considering juicing (not the steam juicer) the carrots. I want to do the same thing with sweet potatoes. So many possibilities...........

Back