What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No lawn mowing here! We havent had rain in some time now and the heat the last 2 weeks as burned most yards to a crisp. I too will do some wine work today. I have to bottle last years Blackberry and the RJS Wildberry Pom. Zin. I also want to start the 2 kits I just bought which are a MM VN Liebfraumilch and the CC International White Merlot. I have a lot more that needs bottling also but must pace it. My son will help me with all of this as he loves to come down and do it. Maybe a few more times and he might just be able to do it himself.

Listening to the rain come crashing down. Gonna make some fig preserves this afternoon, then hope to start the must for the mulberry wine. We'll see how far we get.

Rain here too for a while. It was pretty heavy, but didn't last that long. I waited a while and went out to try to tie up some small vines. I gave up when I was as wet as when it poured, after just two rows. The sun keeps going in and out and it just turns the air to a foggy steam.

I talked to a large orchard owner on Wednesday when he came to check out the vineyard in Willsboro. I told him I may need a couple of his Jamaican crew for a couple days. It's getting close to that.

Hey can I come help in the vineyard mon!
smiley36.gif

20100711_155955_2407-rasta-mon-.jpg

Bottled 2 batches of wine today, changed the oil and filters in both cars and in a few minutes going to start 2 new batches of wine but still no rain here. Someone send us some please!

Ready for this:...
Nothing wine related.
Unless you consider drinking it WORK !
smiley2.gif

What, did the world run out of carboys for you?
smiley36.gif
me and the boy just started the CC International White Merlot and a MM VN Liebr....... I aint trying to spell that one!!!!
smiley1.gif

I needed a carboy and decided instead of searching through the garage I would just bottle one that has been aging a while. This is the RQ Red Meritage from last year. No tasting notes yet as I had just enough to fill a 375 and we have some friends visiting next week and thought we would give them an early tasting. It is a shame we can't exchange wine diamonds for cash, I would have hit the jackpot!

20100714_134802_DSCN5823_Deskto.JPG

I am at work (blah) but plotting my first brewing day in almost a year (this Saturday - after I snag a bottle of apple cider for the apple ale at Detroit's Eastern Market). If I get really ambitious I might brew up a porter that day too...
smiley4.gif

Looking quite delish!
smiley20.gif

vcasey said:
I needed a carboy and decided instead of searching through the garage I would just bottle one that has been aging a while. This is the RQ Red Meritage from last year. No tasting notes yet as I had just enough to fill a 375 and we have some friends visiting next week and thought we would give them an early tasting. It is a shame we can't exchange wine diamonds for cash, I would have hit the jackpot!

1 year since you last brewed!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know if we can keep you on this site!
smiley36.gif

Brewgrrrl said:
I am at work (blah) but plotting my first brewing day in almost a year (this Saturday - after I snag a bottle of apple cider for the apple ale at Detroit's Eastern Market). If I get really ambitious I might brew up a porter that day too...
smiley4.gif
Think you need to change your name. NO brewing in a YEAR??

No excuses.

Thursday I plan on making a 10 gallon A/G brew.

Har har har...
smiley17.gif
It's really this site keeping me so interested in WINE that has been distracting me from my natural brewing state.Oh, the difficulties in finding that perfect balance in life...

Tepe - what are you brewing Thursday? I am doing one or two extract batches (5 gal each, one apple ale and one porter) just to get back in the game. I probably won't do any all grain until the fall.

Made the starter for a brown ale, smelling the ferment of the mulberry wine I pitched yeast on two days ago..... Glad I cut the grass yesterday...............

I cut mine today and it was hot out. I fertilized it last week just before the storms and put down a weed killer this past Sunday, so it growing now. Damn clover is out of control this year. I cut it high hoping to choke out the weeds.

Just finished brewing a 10 gallons of Newcastle Brown A/G batch

Been so hot here I didnt have to cut the grass for a month. Just not growing. In fact its a purdy brown

Latest posts

Back