What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif

I'm working in the air-conditioned office today! It's too danged hot ouside today with a heat index of about 110 in the shade! The current air temp is hovering around 100- one thermometer at 98.6 and the other one at 102.6 F. My poor air-conditioner is working overtime and the room is at 77 now with 4 monitors lit up.

Hi all

Bottled 4 cases of wine today for my daughters wedding in september. Have 8 more cases of 375's cobalt blue bottles to go. Will be here at the house so have been very busy with that. I did bottle the wine in the cool room this am since the work area was hot hot hot. BUT, have to get a swamp cooler there ASAP because the barrels are there too.

Now to stay in the house the rest of the day and then off to the vineyard tomorrow morning.

later

rrawhide
smiley1.gif

Well its HOT here in NJ
Heat index 115*
Here is a temp earlier

20100706_165347_IMG_0055_Small.JPG

tepe.........suggest U move a cot into the wine cellar.... cooler and less travel time to the wine .......
smiley32.gif

Funny you said that. I just came up after counting 102 FULL cases of wine. Thats not counting what I have on my 5 wine racks and whats in my wine cooler.
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif

tepe said:
Funny you said that. I just came up after counting 102 FULL cases of wine. Thats not counting what I have on my 5 wine racks and whats in my wine cooler.
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif

U should have called... U needed my help
smiley36.gif

I went out to the winery to check things in the heat. It was in the mid 80's in there. I had to refill 8 airlocks after drawing out a bit of wine from them. The warm air has made them swell again. I like the cot idea- then when you pass out or just can't make it back in, you can pass out in a cooler area.

Believe it or not I can count to over 100 WITHOUT a calculator !

I know who to call IF i need someone to help me reduce these cases....

DJ Steve and his wife stop in through thier travels from Pittsburgh. We had a very nice visit and then went to dinner on the lake before they left to head back home. I think Steve was looking for an excuse to go for a long cruise in his shiny new truck.

Myself with my dog Peaches and Steve

DSCN2020.jpg

My wife Sue, Steve and his wife Marilyn

DSCN2021.jpg

What a freaking hot day! If the heat wasnt bad enough in the shop all day ( 101 in the shop and 103 outside) after work on the way home I stopped for a fw groceries and when I went to leave my car started and then stalled. Checked the gas cap and that was fine so called the wife to come and bring my tools. Since I bought this car 1 1/2 years ago used they said they had just changed the plugs and wires. They probably did but used crappy plugs and when i pulled one out it was shot and of coarse the end of the wire was stuck on the plug. This was a tough job as the 3 plugs in the back were very hard to get t and the engine being hot on top of the nasty weather just wiped me out.Took me 50 minutes to get all the plugs and wires in but its running again and I have nothing left in me! Goodnight!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley11.gif

Ordered a new 6 gallon glass carboy with stopper airlock and carboy handle. Also got the rjs bella bianco on closeout.

Finally got a break today! Everything went nice and smooth and I even got my package from George which is probably the only thig that is ever reliable anymore!

Plan to rack and stabilize the blackberry wine. Also hope to steam juice the mulberries to start the next wine and clear some freezer space. Better get going soon or the day will be over.

It was finally a bit cooler today in the mid 80's with showers and 90-100 % humidity. I didn't want to work in the grapevines today since the wet weather and humidity would spread any disease, so.......

I worked in the new winery today. It never looks like I got a lot done. Had to go to Lowes and that took an hour and a half, being a Saturday. I was able to get the new wall shathing up on the unfinished wall. They are all now, so I can paint. before that though I needed to extend the plumbing into that room for a laundry sink and water source- so I did that.

I also got some new ligthing, but didn't get that up yeat. Once that is in, it will be paining time. As far as I'm concerned, it will then be ready for winemaking. I can move all the stuff in then nad get the tasting room going.

I feel like I got more done today even though I sweated out about 5 gallons of water.

"Once that is in, it will be paining time."

I hope it wont be to paining!
smiley4.gif

Been a busy morning for me.Sanitizedbottles,racked and bottled a Green Apple.Riesling. Steam juiced4.5 gallons of blackberries and getting ready to start me a5 gallon batch of Blackberry/Black Currant. Going to Malvern for another belated Birthday celebration and gotta mow the yard this evening or make arrangement to rent a Bush Hog next week

Back