waterless airlocks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the #10 with the rest of my order, thanks.

First thing I checked was, would it fit in my Better Bottle.

mmmmmmmm.. Barely, not tight enough for me to feel comfortable
using it for long term aging. At first I'll start it out as a
secondary.

The #6.5 size fit great. But make sure the opening and the bung are perfectly dry. Otherwise, it'll pop out.

Thanks for the information. It may be a #9.5 that you got. I was having trouble determining the sizes as they are not labeled. The other big ones that I received are defininately too big for the better-bottles.

I have been negligent in sending more out to others. It is that memory thing. I plan to do it this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback.

Info:

When using plastics bottles, I found you can suck the fluid from the airlock when moving the bottles around. I just started using the waterless airlocks with my 'Better Bottle' to avoid that, and so far they working great.

I still haven't recieved any airlocks to try!

smiley19.gif

George, recieved the waterless airlocks today. Thanks. I took 2 of them apart and cannot figure out how to get the cap back on. I am afraid of pulling the 'stem' apart. Help!

The're pretty tough, just insert the stem through the middle hole. You may have to push kind of hard to get it started, then just pull on the end once started.

I thought I'd rip that small end off while pulling the cap back on, but like I said, they're pretty tough.

George, the waterless Ferm-Rite airlocks work very well. They are easy to use and easy to clean and sanitize. I think what will bother alot of users about them is that they are quiet and cannot see bubbling like regular airlocks. Right now I have one on a bulk aging carboy and one on a fermenting carboy. If I listen real close to the fermenting one, I can hear it 'flapping'.

Thanks for allowing me to test these, so far so good.I have no use for the large barrel sized one, so should I send it back to you, or to someone else on this forum to test on a barrel, or to someone on another forum? Just let me know with an address, no problem.

Country,

Could you send the airlock to Maui Joe? I don't like to give out addresses, so contact him direct. If he does not want it, you can either return it or post it on the site.

Thanks for the feedback. Is it worth $3.00 compared to $1.00 for regular airlocks?

OK. As far as the money goes, I guess it would be worth it to not have to check on the liquid in the airlock while bulk aging for long periods.

I think they are absolutely worth the extra cost. You don't have to worry about losing the fluid like anH2Oairlock.

With the plastic bottles, you can easily suck the fluid back into the carboy if you move it.

I'm sold, you selling them yet?

I will contact FermRite after Christmas to see what I have to do to bring them in. I will let you know when they arrive.

Thank you Country & George..much appreciated. I'll do my reviews and keep you posted.
smiley1.gif

Sure! What are friends for?

That reminds me of something I have been wanting to talk about on this forum. I think George is a reasonably nice guy and I really wish this forum would take off like the winepress forum has. I also think George probably hasn't the time to keep track of a very large forum.

Anyway, let's all not forget what this season is about. Not money, not greed. It is about selflessness and giving and God and His gift.

Thanks for listening and happy holidays!

smiley1.gif

Country,

Thank you for the very kind words. I have been very busy, but it has been due to the growth in the business. I have been very blessed this year and a lot of it is a result of my wonderful customers.

Let me take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a most joyous holiday season and may next year be the most properous and happy one of them all!

George Cornelius

Latest posts

Back