Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cat isn't going to be long for this world if it does that to the bear you've seen in your yard, they're omnivores, aren't they? Be a nice small pre-lunch snack for that bear.

LOL, cat's just getting ready to pee on the statue! :h

UNDER EDIT: Oh, I am so sorry to be the one to flip this to a new page. I like the way the last one started!

UPDATE: CE Eaton for the win! :D

Yn-1Uaczv6w6upCf0R4MG02AfvNejh8Xj95z3S_LARkitgEe1dZI985eKi0Oqz5t6GIj3fbxzPBBD66VxKTdbkPYpNHW_XNrydZiVmLCETDiViwE9YeyrMVgKJBV_OS2P0fM9R4qPQ

Last edited:
XUDywG9N0cuj8y7Nu0ylvjuetqE94sJWPykvNut0uVGO02MGB34wFqi42PQDBg_j_yp_DSGJt436IzVXtHCXwVRR5hPi3yMhox2RGNS50Ow1q2oW_Fr_WXo6wwziz4WRdTmmz-3zJw

Young fawn at near-dark dusk waiting for mama in our near pasture. This was stretching my pocket Canon out as far as it would go.

So this 73 year old fart is doing some land clearing and look what I found. I'll switch plans a bit and work toward the tree...

Do you have any idea what type it is? I can only imagine it will produce really well if it has apples on it and has been neglected for some time, especially if you prune it a bit and give it some TLC. No wonder the bears like your yard, free food for the pickin'.

Do you have any idea what type it is? I can only imagine it will produce really well if it has apples on it and has been neglected for some time, especially if you prune it a bit and give it some TLC. No wonder the bears like your yard, free food for the pickin'.

No, I don't know what type. After posting and finishing a cup of coffee I'll put the chain back on my WORX JawSaw and continue clearing a path to the tree. My wife will take a look and perhaps be able to tell me what kind of apples the tree is bearing.

Also have in the side yard what looks to me like perhaps a wild pear tree...

IMAG0960[1].jpg

BTW Craig, was in your stomping grounds this morning for our "Puppy Hike"...

In the second picture, our place is just "round the corner".

Haven't done the Bear run trail from the top, but definitely have done the bottom portion. We walk down the creek from our place and used to spend considerable time there when we were younger. My favorite fishing area is just upstream 100 yards from where Bear Run enters the main creek. Very beautiful area of the canyon. Lot's o' trout where the run runs into the main creek. That's where a bunch of individuals got caught setting traps and hauling out pounds and pounds of trout....they seem to mock spawn there every Fall (especially the brown trout). I'll try to find an image and post it where the run enters the creek.

Edit: Actually I'm a bit confused. That's the sign they have up walking back to the parking lot from the Barbour Rock trail? Didn't realize it was called the Bear Run trail, as Bear Run is a good mile or so away, just before you get to Colton Point. Guess I'll have to investigate this Fall when we close the place up.

You should have gone down to our place, my brother (the one you met) and SIL are down there until Tuesday, I think.

Last edited:
In the second picture, our place is just "round the corner".

Haven't done the Bear run trail from the top, but definitely have done the bottom portion. We walk down the creek from our place and used to spend considerable time there when we were younger. My favorite fishing area is just upstream 100 yards from where Bear Run enters the main creek. Very beautiful area of the canyon. Lot's o' trout where the run runs into the main creek. That's where a bunch of individuals got caught setting traps and hauling out pounds and pounds of trout....they seem to mock spawn there every Fall (especially the brown trout). I'll try to find an image and post it where the run enters the creek.

Edit: Actually I'm a bit confused. That's the sign they have up walking back to the parking lot from the Barbour Rock trail? Didn't realize it was called the Bear Run trail, as Bear Run is a good mile or so away, just before you get to Colton Point. Guess I'll have to investigate this Fall when we close the place up.

You should have gone down to our place, my brother (the one you met) and SIL are down there until Tuesday, I think.

Sorry, we walked both the Barbour Rock Trail and a little piece of the Bear Run Trail. That's why you see the two signs. I'v e got several other pictures from this morning that I can post and make it even more confusing.
smilie.gif

For a short while the rain let up a little so I was able to snag an apple from the tree. Wife says it looks to her like a Mac. I think someone just threw an apple core away which seeded the tree. Apples look pretty good but are rather small. Will cut and taste the apple and report back... [BTW, that is a one cup measure in the picture.]

IMAG0968[1].jpg

IMAG0969[1].jpg

Sorry, we walked both the Barbour Rock Trail and a little piece of the Bear Run Trail. That's why you see the two signs. I'v e got several other pictures from this morning that I can post and make it even more confusing.
smilie.gif

No biggie. The State puts differnet confusing signs up all the time, properly using our tax dollars. Just haven't hiked Barbours Rock for a while. Whenever I'm fishing down below I constantly get heckled by the hikers above. It's sort of a common practice to hurl obscenities back and forth from a mile away. Good use of the acoustics the canyon offers.

Edit: Looks like a MacIntosh to me.

No, I don't know what type. After posting and finishing a cup of coffee I'll put the chain back on my WORX JawSaw and continue clearing a path to the tree. My wife will take a look and perhaps be able to tell me what kind of apples the tree is bearing.

Also have in the side yard what looks to me like perhaps a wild pear tree...

Those things look like pears, Bartletts?

Mike

For a short while the rain let up a little so I was able to snag an apple from the tree. Wife says it looks to her like a Mac. I think someone just threw an apple core away which seeded the tree. Apples look pretty good but are rather small. Will cut and taste the apple and report back... [BTW, that is a one cup measure in the picture.]
.[/QUOTE]

I hope they taste as good as they look.

Dazed and confused!

Good Day All,

I assume this question gets asked all the time but how do you load a picture in this form. I am making a logo and would like some input but when I push on the photo button above it asked for a url. for the picture. My is save on my computer and so as it says above I am dazed and confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any reply.

Hallie

Scroll down (see attachment) Hit the "manage attachment" button. Choose your image. Upload the image(s), close the pop up window, You can preview the post or just hit submit reply and it should post.

Good Day All,

I assume this question gets asked all the time but how do you load a picture in this form. I am making a logo and would like some input but when I push on the photo button above it asked for a url. for the picture. My is save on my computer and so as it says above I am dazed and confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any reply.

Hallie

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 2.27.34 PM.png

Latest posts

Back