Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing
5f5b0965b4ca13efa29373236e1a9b08.jpg

This won't be meaningful to very many people but I have to post it.

This is my first fruit set on Garcinia intermedia, the Lemon Drop Mangosteen. I grew it from seed I collected in Puerto Rico in 2010. I've been bringing it and a handful of other Garcinias along in the greenhouse since then in containers. It has flowered before but this is the first time it has set fruit. These are really challenging plants to grow and fruit outside of tropical areas.

All of my hobbies require lots of patience. :)

IMG_0640.JPG

Went on a quick trip to Denver to visit one of my sons. He has climbed 24 14'ers, but this was my first. He hauled up a 35# backpack with what seemed like a complete kitchen. Once we reached the summit, he made French Press coffee (with my fresh roasted beans of course) and egg, pepper, ham, sausage and cheese breakfast burritos. A lot of envious climbers followed. We started at 3:45 am and hiked up in the dark so we could see the sunrise from the summit. Most amazing sunrise I have ever seen. The pics don't do it justice.

Did my share of climbing in Colorado. Sure is fun. Up is easier than down, though! Hahaha...

Single use? ;)

Nope, I hear those work pretty good. Your fire is contained in steel surrounded by fireplace brick. The pipe nipples are for airflow, just like I used on my steel drum. I'd put 4 around the outside, if it were me.

F3YVZISI95GPHK5.SMALL.jpg

This mornings "puppy hike" took Sadie and I to the Lambs Creek "Bike & Hike" trail. The South entrance to the trail is just a few short blocks from downtown Mansfield, PA....

IMAG1003[1].jpg

IMAG1004[1].jpg

IMAG1005[1].jpg

Wifie wanted a raccoon proof bird feeder stand, so here is what I made. She had been hanging these feeders in trees, and she got bit by chiggers real bad a couple times (you Yankees look 'em up), so this will keep her out of the trees. Took some trial and error and some blacksmithing but turned out good. So far, no coons have raided it yet.

feeders 001.jpg

Back