Chilean grapes!!!! Newbie!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByWine Making1397748961.565162.jpg wow more wine ships super fast!!!!! Happy Easter to me!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

nayrea---go to the Scott Labs website and look at the info on Fermaid products there. Also, take a look at their online Fermentation Handbook. If you call them, they'll send you the book. www.scottlab.com and [email protected] Their phone number is 707-765-6666

Just called and they are sending me a hard copy!!! Thank u!!!

cool! do you also have a hydrometer and acid test kit. if not, you can get them and post your test results we can then help you more on adjustments etc.

edit: sorry, just saw you photo.... look forward you seeing your readings...

Last edited:
View attachment 15176 wow more wine ships super fast!!!!! Happy Easter to me!!!!!!!!

They have a warehouse in PA now, in addition to the CA facility. Stuff gets here fast!

I recently bought that punch down tool as well. It's much more beefy than I expected. Great purchase - I can't wait to use mine!

cool! do you also have a hydrometer and acid test kit. if not, you can get them and post your test results we can then help you more on adjustments etc.

edit: sorry, just saw you photo.... look forward you seeing your readings...

Yes I have a hydrometer. And do I need acid test if I have a mw102 on its way (next Friday) and chromo test???

They have a warehouse in PA now, in addition to the CA facility. Stuff gets here fast!

I recently bought that punch down tool as well. It's much more beefy than I expected. Great purchase - I can't wait to use mine!

I know!!!!! I bought it off your recommendation!!! It is way "beefier" then I thought too. Great price!!!

So I bought 60g of Opti malo plus
And three 1 g packets of Bacchus
That will be enough for 198 lbs of grapes. Aprox like 15 gallons of wine. Yes????

So I bought 60g of Opti malo plus
And three 1 g packets of Bacchus
That will be enough for 198 lbs of grapes. Aprox like 15 gallons of wine. Yes????

MoreWine claims the Bacchus packet is enough for 5 gallons. I used one packet each on my Chileans last year (both more than 7 gallons) and was fine.

You may have been able to purchase a single pack of VP41 for less than 3 Bacchus. I think the pack that MoreWine sells is enough for more than 60 gallons.

MoreWine claims the Bacchus packet is enough for 5 gallons. I used one packet each on my Chileans last year (both more than 7 gallons) and was fine.

You may have been able to purchase a single pack of VP41 for less than 3 Bacchus. I think the pack that MoreWine sells is enough for more than 60 gallons.

I got three packets so I should be ok then. But I just read about the vp41 and that one sounds good to. Sounds more forgiving as well. Hmmmmmmmm

I use both... Don't worry Bachus is very good!

Good point! My bad. What the heck was I thinking????

Nayrea, My apologies, if you plan on measuring acid weight (TA), you WILL need a test kit. These are rather inexpensive (around $8).

Good point! My bad. What the heck was I thinking????

Nayrea, My apologies, if you plan on measuring acid weight (TA), you WILL need a test kit. These are rather inexpensive (around $8).

Is that necessary??? Should I??? lol. Here goes another more wine order. Lol

Latest posts

Back