Yeast selection mistake???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobp

Reaction score
I chose to use pasture champagne yeast, for my first pee batch.. what are your opinions??? will it turn out ok? i was thinking the worst that could happen is i might get a bit higher AC if i push it??

You should be fine. What was the SG of the must?

Sketter pee SG

It was 1.065+ after adding sugar..it was low, and took quite a bit to get it up...i am sure it was dissolved i used hot water and let it cool down... i tried to get it to the suggested rate....

added dry pakage of the champagne yeast on top this afternoon... it still was not moving ??? I am probably being impatient??

Any wine yeast you could have chosen would ferment 1065 completely, so the yeast you used isn't going to make more alcohol than any other.

......added dry pakage of the champagne yeast on top this afternoon... it still was not moving ??? I am probably being impatient??.....

You'll want to give it a couple of days before starting to worry.

Starting from a packet, you're going to be 2-3 days before she really starts a bubblin... I'm not a big fan of the slurry start method - so this is my normal scenario... I usually use the lalvin 1116; using a champagne yeast should translate into a faster fermentation once she gets started though...

Latest posts

Back