Cellar Craft Yakima Pinot Gris flavor reserve

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
I have never done a kit that came with a flovor reserve that goes in at clearing. Will it make the wine sweet? If so do I have to add it all. It didnt come with any oak would a hand full of Hungarian cubes be unheard of? Any other advice from anyone that has done a PG.

I have made that kit Tony. I made it as per directions and it is fantastic. No oak normally in a PG it really doesn't need it. This is meant to be an easy drinker during the hot summers etc. Its all about the fruit fruit fruit and crisp acidity. I added the flavor reserve pack (all of it) It makes it just slightly off dry. I don't like really sweet wines and this was just about as perfect as it gets. Put in 1/2 and stir well, taste, rinse repeat until you get what you like or your better half whomever your making the wine for.

It really is a good one made as per directions!

Well, today is mix-stir day for the PG. I talked to the two folks I am primarily making this for (my daughter and my sister) and both prefer dry leaning PG. Mike, given that preference I added half and tasted (kind of weak) then a 1/4 more (much better). All total I added just more than 3/4 of the flavor reserve that was provided. So we shall see in a few months.

Latest posts

Back