Other World Vineyards/CA Trinity

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrown

Reaction score
Made a batch and bottled it 11-09. I enjoyed all the bottles I have opened but I noticed that the last 4 bottles have darkened. All 4 bottles are in different shades of 'darker' than when it was originally bottled.

Can someone tell me what happened? I'm about to open one of them (the darkest) and see if it is as good as I remember.

Thanks....

I don't really know - I guess this is a white - did sunlight get to the bottles? I think that might do it

That has been a really long time for a small kit. Could be the age or the sunlight. As long as it still tastes fine I would drink it up now.

No direct sunlight. relatively dark room and in a rack laying on their sides.

I'll do as you suggested and find out what the taste is like. I really enjoyed it when it was about 6 months old and if I can find another kit, I wouln't hesitate to make another batch. I'll just have to stop hoarding and drink faster....lol

Thx for the help tho...:)

Tried another bottle and to my delight it is just fine...no problems and tastes as I remembered.

Now to find another kit of the same....:)

Latest posts

Back