RJ Spagnols Wine Kit- adding Pot Meta!?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade, I thought it was always 1/4 tsp every 3-4 months. Not 1/8. Was that a typo or is that a correct dosage of k-meta??

Thx

Thanks Guys! When I added H2o to US6al mark on my 1st Old vine Zin, the starting SG was 1.080. The guy at my supply shop (old school Italian) says to only add H2o until wine gets into the 1.095--1.100 range. Hence adding less water has allowed for use of a 5gal carboy and thus the alleged benefit of less topping off with outside wine....

Thanks Guys! When I added H2o to US6al mark on my 1st Old vine Zin, the starting SG was 1.080. The guy at my supply shop (old school Italian) says to only add H2o until wine gets into the 1.095--1.100 range. Hence adding less water has allowed for use of a 5gal carboy and thus the alleged benefit of less topping off with outside wine....
Joe...

More and more, I'm very dubious about your store buddy.

Steve

Steve I appreciate your insight and have made changes moving forth; let alone my wine stores suggested method... So thanks!

Latest posts

Back