Wine for hire and Taxes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebbutler

Reaction score
I read the thread "Trading Grapes for Wine" and it is very similar to a question I have, it answers part of my question but not all of it.

I see why it might be difficult in trading grapes for a portion of wine due to taxes possibly not being paid.

Here's my question. Can you hire some one to make wine out of your grapes, melons or fruit? If the taxes are an issue again, can an amount be assessed for normal taxes due and just the tax money be paid?

I know the next question might be a shot in the dark depending of the wine producer and area but what would be a fair price to make 100 gallons of wine out of the fruit provided by the grower?

Sounds like something flirting with the "Ferment on Premise" type set-up, which is a legitimate business model.. Still think you'd be looking at taxes, permits, a separate building with its own entrances and some form of legal documentation of what you've made, for who and when..

Could be wrong..

Latest posts

Back