WineXpert Tweaks for Sel. Speciale Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kire

Reaction score
Hello all.

My dad and I are in the middle of a batch of Selection Speciale Port. He would like to bulk-age the wine, but split the 3 gallon batch into 3 separate 1 gallon carboys. In each carboy would go a "tweaked" version of Port so that we can see a range of different styles and effects. We have been tossing around the idea of the carboys being; as-is, one with additional oak and maybe an extract, and the last with some sort of fruit. My questions for everyone are:

- Anyone have any "tweaks" specific to this kit that they recommend?
- Has anyone added fruit\fruit extract to this kit? Can we just add these during bulk-aging?
- Any other additives or extracts you would recommend such as vanilla, chocolate or raspberry?

Apologies for such a novice and multi-threaded question. I'm just really nervous about this batch.

Really looking forward to your replies!

Bump

Anybody got a few suggestions? I was kind of interested myself about tweaks. I've only made the WE CRP kit and find everyone that tries it loves it. Not being a port drinker myself I haven't tried other kits yet but might venture that way if the wife likes the sound of the flavors.

That was my first try at wine making so I didn't mess around at all. It's been in the bottle a little over a month now (started Jan 4th). Had a 1/2 bottle that I've been sampling with people and it's really good.

I can see having some fruit flavors to it but I'm not sure how to go about it. Chocolate would be really nice in it too.

Sorry I didn't help. Just wanted to say its very good as is.

Latest posts

Back