to rack or to bottle, that is the question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
when my suncal lambrusco kit is done oaking (2-6 weeks, i will probably keep it on the short side) should i rack one more time or can i bottle? it was started 6/3.

Even after using a fining agent most wines will still drop fine sediemnt so I encourage you to let it sit at least another month before bottling.

I regret rushing my first couple of kits into the bottle. Rack it, refill the air lock, rack it once more in october and let it sit until December.
You will not regret it.

Did you use a fining agent cause if not it will take quite some time for it to clear on its own and only you will know when its clear.

I regret rushing my first couple of kits into the bottle. Rack it, refill the air lock, rack it once more in october and let it sit until December.
You will not regret it.

I agree with this.....it's damn hard to RESIST on your first kit or even your 5th kit.... but time is on your side.

i did not use a clearing agent...it is very very clear. there will be more particles with the oak won't there? the degassing helped (the taste) alot...i was very worried before that. since i have the new 5 gal. glass carboy, i can let it bulk age:n

Id let it age a little longer then rack it off any lees before trying to bottle.

I rushed a batch one year - and i can see a fine layer at the bottom of the bottle now.

Like Dan said - you will not regret it.

(i can't help sampling, lol.) if i sample when i rack off the oak, and sample if i rack in oct. and then bottle in dec. i wonder how much i will get in the bottles, lol. i think it will be easier to keep bulk aged, anyway. i will keep u updated, especially on how the oak changes things. thanks for everyones help. now, what's next....

Latest posts

Back