SQUEEZE master

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a Chinese copy of a Speidel bladder press. I have one of those, and it works great. This one likely does too. but be aware if you ever need spare parts for it, they will likely be impossible to get. Though it looks like such a close copy, that the Speidel parts might fit. MoreWine sells the Speidel presses and spare parts.

Is that the Harbor Freight Bladder Press?
When I see things this cheap, the first thought that crosses my mind is an adage credited to Ben Franklin: The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Now I don't know the quality level of this particular item but would question at least:
1 What kind of paint is used on all the painted surfaces, is it safe for the intended use?
2 What is the quality level of any stainless steel parts

I personally have noticed wide quality variations in chinese made stainless both in my profession as a metal worker and on my brewing/vintning hobby purchases over the years.

I bought the next size up, I am sure the same manufacturer but mine was listed as ejwox or something like that. Link here. Have had it a couple of years and no complaints. Seems well made and does everything I needed it to. The only hiccup was the hose fittings were european pipe thread which meant a constant dribble when connected or buying some aftermarket hose fittings to make it perfect. I went the latter route and followed the directions in the comment section of Amazon. I always assumed I could buy one of the replacement bladders for the main brands and make it work but haven't looked at it hard enough to confirm. Ejwox does have a website and they have replacement bladders for $99 so you could always buy a spare right up front.

RT

I purchased the 5.3gal (20L) version of the EJWOX brand in 2020. I had issues originally with the hose connector - the thread on the fitting was not FHT (IIRC it was tapered, maybe NPT but I never verified that). Contacted the manufacturer via Amazon, and they sent me a correct fitting.

I haven't had any issues other than the fitting. I'll be pressing some rosé in the next few days so we'll see how it's holding up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back