soil test results

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougxox

Brew and Wine Supply
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I took in a baggie of dirt to the local U. of MO. extention office for a test and paid my $12 and off it went. Receved a letter today with the results:
PH= 6.9....rating= high
Phosphorus= 24 rating= low
Potassium= 290 rating= high
Calcium = 2640 rating = high
Magnesium= 358 rating = high
Organic Matter 2.3%

Fertilizer & limestone recomennendations (lbs/100 sq ft) for grapes.
Nitrogen= .05
Phosphorus=2.5
Potash= 0.0

Suggestions= 10 lbs of 6-24-24 per 1000 sq ft.
The soil has adequate calcium and an adequate pH for grapes. Application of lime or calcium rich fertilizer is not recomended.

I think this is interesting and helpfull. Any and all comments appricated.

If any one else has had their soil tested could you post the results for something to compaire to.

Last edited:
Soil test are way over rated, just ask Fred Franzia....who owns more vineyard land than anyone in the USA and makes Two Buck chuck. Hey if you want a vineyard is that really going to stop you. I never had my soil tested and I don't want to know, all I know is it produces fruit. There are alot more important things in growing a vineyard.

I think that is great information. Whether you use it or not, it cannot hurt. You can use it to make better wine. Sounds like you have pretty good soil for grapes.

Rob, what is Two Buck chuck? --------------- "There's a whole lota slip twixt a cup and a lip."

Latest posts

Back