Red Wine and white carpet....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerShannon

Reaction score
Don't mix.
smiley19.gif

I think I got it out with the carpet shampooer, salt and spot shot, but we'll see.......

My wine was on a tv tray by the couch. My husband doesn't think the dog (my little sweet pea) should be on the couch and was making her get off, he pushed her, she hit the tray, and the wine went flying. I think I was down the stairs to get the carpet shampooer before the glass hit the floor.

SAD....

What wine did you lose?

I guess the glass broke.. expensive misQ

Well thats why we are here to learn from our misQ's

Gallo of Sonoma Merlot. I 'borrowed' it from my moms wine rack today. the glass actually survived! I was shocked! I'm having another glass now...soothing my nerves, ya know
smiley2.gif

I thought it was a 6 GALLON batch fermenting...

Consider thinking what that would do to your mind and carpet.

You were lucky it wasn't what I thought ...

Thanks Northern, I wondered what else I could do.
I have worried about spilling 6 gallons. We keep the carboys under the bar in the kitchen, which is about 2 feet away from the carpet. I'm thinking when this carpet needs replacing it should be black. Or wine color. Less to worry about!

BikerShannon said:
Gallo of Sonoma Merlot. I 'borrowed' it from my moms wine rack today. the glass actually survived! I was shocked! I'm having another glass now...soothing my nerves, ya know 
smiley2.gif

b/s, way to get right back on that horse.
smiley1.gif

and p.s.
the queen of clean was on the tv the other day and said putting a dry white wine on a red wine spill right away will neutralize it. then dab quickly. worth a try, depending on the wine of course.

I have a off white carpet,(not my choice)..... I spilt coffee on it and had abugger of time getting that stain out, I now have nighmares of spilling my red wine on it.I figure if coffee stain was such a pain, if ever I should ever spillmywine ....it would never come out.

Really vinegar will remove red wine stain??
Peroxide??? as in Hydrogen peroxide?? That works too?

JC

jcnoren said:
I have a off white carpet,(not my choice)..... I spilt coffee on it and had abugger of time getting that stain out, I now have nighmares of spilling my red wine on it.I figure if coffee stain was such a pain, if ever I should ever spillmywine ....it would never come out.

Really vinegar will remove red wine stain??
Peroxide??? as in Hydrogen peroxide?? That works too?

JC

Just pour the hydrogen peroxide on the spot...It's gone...

A Veterinary told me to pour it on blood stains on an off white carpet...worked great.

[That's what's in OxyClean, if you get that up there]

tepe said:
I thought it was a 6 GALLON batch fermenting...

Consider thinking what that would do to your mind and carpet.

You were lucky it wasn't what I thought ...

</font>

Visualize a 6 gallon carboy on a TV tray........ You might be a redneck LOL

Crazer things have been done making wine.. LOL..

Latest posts

Back