Recycled jugs where to find them?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcnoren

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to my local liquor store, looking for 1 gallon jugs of wine, there wasn't one jug to be found. Seems in Edmonton, Alberta Canada (2liters) is the largest size that they sell wine in glass containers. Larger volumes are sold in (boxed bag plastic pouches).I

So where in Canada does one find 1 gallon jugs?

JC

I've seen 3L jugs of Carlo Rossi wine here in BC, but not 1 gallon wine jugs. HOWEVER, if you go to a farmers market, you might find some apple juice/cider that is in 1 gallon jugs. They have a wider mouth and take a #8 bung. I get mine from a local farmer that imports the juice from California, here in BC.

I have also seen this juice at Save-On as well, but it was close to $9 for the gallon. Also, RJ Spagnols dealers should be able to get 1 gallon jugs in as RJS carries them here in their store front.You could also try Debaji's on the south side if it is still there.

Debajis is nomore, so I will look at Save-On and a RJ Spagnols dealer.Farmers markets, will have to wait until the summer. I am a firm believer in recycling thus my desire to obtain "used" jugs. Thank goodness I inheritied from my parents 3, imperial 1 gallon jugs and 1 US gallon jug.

I figured that I would look at a liquor store before looking at a bottle depo. Thanks Dean...

JC

Edited by: jcnoren

Check any health food or gourmet shops in the area as well. Most of them will carry all natural apple juice in the gallon jugs, though you may pay a bit more there.

Steve

Latest posts

Back