RJ Spagnols Orchard breezin green apple has sediments

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foursons

Reaction score
Hello awesome people.
About a month ago. I bought green apple gewurtraminer (orchard breezin from rjs).

I did everything on the instruction. After storing it for a week, all of the sudden, there were sediments in the bottle... As i popped the cork, it made a pop sound and bubbles start to rise to the neck.

Now this is not the first time it happend with orchard breezin. Anyone have the same experience? Any word of wisdom?

Thanks

1402757106080.jpg

1402757128984.jpg

I make some of these kits also, the directions are bottling day 28, sound like you bottled day 21, the pop and bubbles are from gas. I do not following the directions on bottling, I give it several more months of aging before I bottle. That allows for proper clearing and degassing.

I found with these wines, because you're adding so much sweetener in the fpak, that you really have to degas well and give it another week or 2 from what they say before bottling.Filtering it works well if you have one.
I would open the bottles back into carboy,degas and let it sit a few weeks before rebottling. (just a suggestion) others may have easier ones.
That is one of my daughters fav's

Back