Midwest special!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaches9324

Reaction score
Buy a Bubbler® , Get a Bubbler® Offer

Buy a 5 or 6 Gallon Bubbler® and Get One Free!

Enter promo code PETSOUNDS at checkout
to take advantage of this offer.

To receive your FREE 5 or 6 Gallon Bubbler®, add two 5 Gallon (SKU U41087) or 6 Gallon (SKU U41099) Bubbler® Plastic Carboys to your cart, and then enter promo code PETSOUNDS into the promo code field on the shopping cart page.

Offer valid 72 hours, online and in-store, through 11:59 pm CST on 05/18/2014 or while supplies last. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. Two Bubbler® plastic carboys of the same size must be added to your cart in order to receive the promotional discount.

there is also a special:h free shipping on 59.00 order

Thank you peaches!!!

bought a couple more bubblers plus a few other things I needed. Got the free shipping too!

Pam in cinti

I may take advantage of that but I have a question. I vacuum rack all my wine. I use a brake bleeder to degass. During those processes, I am not using an inordinate amount of vacuum. Will the bubblers handle that?

I'd say no. I have a AIO and Steve says not to use it while racking into a PET carboy. You can rack FROM one, as the vacuum is only on the receiving carboy, and as long as that one is glass you should be good to go there.

I really like the bubblers for the early phase of winemaking when I have to rack every couple weeks or less. So easy to lift and clean those puppies. But when I get to the aging phase I do stick to glass.

BTW the bubblers seem to hold about the same as the glass carboys. Meaning generally 3 cups more than the stated capacity. Better Bottles however hold pretty much exactly what they say they will hold.

I hope this helps.

Pam in cinti

Reread your question and now see you only use a little vacuum. I honestly don't know. I understand that these PET carboys have a hydrophobic lining, like a plastic inner liner. I'd be afraid that might separate while under pressure which would of course ruin the carboy. But it just might work. If you try it, let us all know how it goes. Gotta say the price is excellent and I love mine.

Pam in cinti

your welcome Pam! Any time a bogo is a good offer the free shipping is just icing on the cake I'm hoping more people can take advantage of this special it ends at midnight tonight. Midwest always have good equipment specials!:db

Back