I'm in need...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dribron

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Well now that my apple/blackberry is now into glass jugs, and my bucket has been reclaimed I am feeling the urge too do something new.
I was thinking a pear wine might be nice, so I thought I'd ask here for a 1 gallon recipe if anyone here might be so kind.
Thank you all so much, Duane:ib

I don't have a pear recipe off hand - but check out the recipes section in this forum.

Get a 3 gal carboy and do a 3 gal batch. I's alot of work for only 4 bottles. (1gal batch)

There are many recipes here on the forum. Check them out on the Home Page under Recipes.

Tom's right, if you can do at least 3 gallons. All the time you put into these it's a shame to only get 5 bottles. They go fast then you need to wait another 6 months for the next batch.

The "bug" will grab you and before you know it you'll be making several wines at a time.

Get a 3 gal carboy and do a 3 gal batch. I's alot of work for only 4 bottles. (1gal batch)

I totally agree. I just bottled some 1 gallon batches - it takes just as much time to siphon/filter as it does to do a larger batch.

In the future i probably won't be doing any more 1 gallons - unless i am going to use it to blend.

No I cannot do a 3 gallon batch. It will be one gallon... Thanks for the advise, I'll look for the recipe link latter today.

same as apple really, Just follow basic wine rule of fermentaion and go. Set starting sg, check acid and balance. Add yeast nutr. Pitch the yeast. Fruit wines really are that simple. Now Luc will come in with some secret LUc pear wine recipe and make me wish I had tried it

Latest posts

Back