I'll take space wine for $1 million...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
This reminds me of that sour taste I got in my mouth when "moon landing research" came down to a guy smacking golf balls around... :p

"It's hard for me to say if it was better or worse. But it was definitely different. The aromatics were more floral and more smoky - the things that would happen anyway to Petrus as it gets older."

Now, if that's not a total BS answer, I dunno what is! 😆

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56992086

Hard to imagine that anyone (even Bezos) has enough money to crack open a bottle of wine that costs $1 million. So looks like this bottle is not for drinking but for re-selling and it looks like anyone who buys it will want to sell it to someone else and that person will want to sell it to another and so on and so on... so the real value of that labelled bottle is based ONLY on the amount of money that anyone buying it thinks they can get someone else to part with. Nought to do with flavor or anything intrinsic and everything to do with how much another person on this planet wants this bottle.

I have a safety pin that has orbited around the sun more than 50 times. Christie's suggested that it has an asking price of $25,000. Happy to give it to someone on this forum for $5,000. It's a steal. Any takers? :i

have a safety pin that has orbited around the sun more than 50 times. Christie's suggested that it has an asking price of $25,000. Happy to give it to someone on this forum for $5,000. It's a steal. Any takers? :i

I will abashedly say that it took me more tha 500 ms to understand where you were going with this! :slp

I dunno. Both launch and re-entry are pretty violent propositions with a whole lot of rattling and shaking, plus some rather extreme G-force. Seems that bottle of Pétrus might be pretty bruised up.

Latest posts

Back