"homemade" blackberry merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne1

Reaction score
Hello all - I am wanting to make a blackberry merlot and am debating between buying the Orchard Breezin' blackberry merlot kit and upping the alcoholsome or buying a plain, regularmerlot kit (e.g., the VN merlot kit) and adding my own fresh blackberry juice f-pac and sweetening it after fermenting - - does anyone have an opinion on which might come out better???? The OB kit would be more "foolproof" but wonder if I could improve on it by this alternative method.
thanks!
Wayne

hi Wayne!
I'm not much on sweet wine, but I made the Orchard Breezin' for my wife and she loves it... along with a few of my friends!!!
Thats my 2 cents...
Darryl

You could experiment a bit and make the VN kit, than split it and do half as a Merlot and add an F-pack to the other half....Either you will have 15 bottles of great wine, or 14 bottles to give away....Go ahead play with it ,it's your wine...GOOD LUCK..

Hello - thought I had responded but see I didn't! Yes, I like the idea of splitting it and making half the regular way and adding an f-pac to the other with a bit of backsweetening and see how my "do-it-yourself" blackberry merlot comes out....

Latest posts

Back